cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: As a Republican

wage/weɪdʒ/ Show Spelled [weyj] Show IPA ,noun, verb, waged, wag·ing.
noun
Often, wages. money that is paid or received for work or services,

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: the truth of the matter is

I didn't mean you specificall but the republican party as a whole is anti labor on most issues. Minimum wage legislation unemployment compensation and union wage and benefits. Why in the world would any working person vote republican? It's like expecting chicken to vote for Col. Sanders.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Do you not see a difference between a company hiring labor and a businessman hiring custom work where the pay scale is based on labor plus equipment and fuel?

My custom operator is hired based on his equipment and ability. I assume his is well paid for his efforts along with the 2 or 3 thousand acres he farms besides mine.

I know you think you have a strong argument but you are wrong. It is not.

The same could be said about a plumber, mechanic, or even fry cook.  What makes the guys who work for you, different?

You agreed on the work that would be done on your behalf, and the compensation they would recieve, for doing it.   How is that so different than Wal-Mart, who hires someone who agrees to stock shelves 40 hours a week, for a certain compensation?

verbatime
Senior Contributor

This is funny... they've got us fighting over minimum wage while they print trillions.

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Don says,"I wonder what gives you folks the ability to determine worth of what someone else does." What? We think the manager-owner of the business should determine the wage.......Yet you prove your hypocrisy by saying no one in private business knows the answer but by God......... BIG BROTHER KNOWS.........geez can`t you see your backwards posts for what they are? Just jumbled up thoughts that make no sense? You  are black one second and then you turn white......... a + one second then a - the next.....AC  this sentence then DC with the next one. Read what you are saying. It contradicts itself...........

r3020
Senior Advisor

Think that's what's called a sheeple. One who is unable to think for him/herself. Just repeats the party line. We need a minimum wage and it is to be paid only by the rich.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I don't read party lines! I beleive that wage increases need to be paid by employers whether they are rich or not. If you expect working folks to vote republican, you best not make them your enemies..

That is what this thread is all about. Why people that are lower on the income scale do not vote for republicans. You don't stand with them on the issues. In fact you castigate them for not sharing your views.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

most liberals are big hypocrites.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

So you are saying, when I helped a neighbor put up fence, and he gave me $2 per post hole dug, I recieved no wages?

Or a trucker, who gets paid X cents per mile, recieves no wages?

A wage, is a price paid, for a unit of work or service.

It can be per hour, per day, per week, per acre, or per job.

I guess if you want to split hairs, and say the guy you hire, is the one paying the wage, fine.

Now I will re-ask the question in a different form (again)

Will you let me form a committee, to determine the wages to be paid, to anyone working on your farm, whether you pay their wages, or hire someone else to pay them?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

It's not your concern if he pays his workers a living wage, or not? 

I thought you were pro-labor, and now what people earn, is of no concern to you?

Is it because if he paid them more, he might charge you more, or is it just because you don't care?