cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: At least Canadians know better!

But in Canada you have to broadcast factual information if you want to call yourself a news station and get a license to be on the air.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: At least Canadians know better!


@Canuck_2 wrote:

But in Canada you have to broadcast factual information if you want to call yourself a news station and get a license to be on the air.


So is broadcasting a terrorist attack is really nothing more than a protest classifies as factual information? What about blaming it all on a film maker then arresting that film maker and sending him to jail for a year, is that allowed? Is broadcasting the white house and justice department knew nothing of their administration sending guns to the mexican drug lords factual information or does it need to be forbidden? Are forged documents factual? How about editing a 911 tape to make it appear the caller is a racist, is that allowed in Canada? Who is the decider in what is "factual" and what is a "lie"?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: At least Canadians know better!

You have so many concerns so this might sort out the situation for you.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxcanada.asp

 

I think the 'film makers' jailing has been explained several times but you do not want to admit to the fact that he broke parole restrictions and that is why he is in jail.

So you are probably not going to accept the facts about Fox not being able to abide by restrictions on broadcasting lies and misleading information but that is what the CRTC requires and it seems to work for others.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: At least Canadians know better!


@Canuck_2 wrote:

You have so many concerns so this might sort out the situation for you.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxcanada.asp

 

I think the 'film makers' jailing has been explained several times but you do not want to admit to the fact that he broke parole restrictions and that is why he is in jail.

So you are probably not going to accept the facts about Fox not being able to abide by restrictions on broadcasting lies and misleading information but that is what the CRTC requires and it seems to work for others.


Well, I don't like Chris Mathews or MSNBC but would never consider keeping them off the air because of it. Nothing is more important than freedom of speech. The next opinion they consider a lie might be your own.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: At least Canadians know better!

He can't understand it, Canuck, because he doesn't want to understand it! He is happiest wallowing in the gutter with the likes of Fantasyfox news. It's not sensorship, if it's the truth, a fact he can't allow himself to believe.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: At least Canadians know better!

Your problem, twenty, is you've listened to the lies and bullsh!t so long, the truth would scare you. So, by all means keep suckin' up the lies, and be surprised like you were on Nov.6th, when you didn't know Romney, had lost until 60 min. before the President was declared the winner! That was GREAT!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: At least Canadians know better!


@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

He can't understand it, Canuck, because he doesn't want to understand it! He is happiest wallowing in the gutter with the likes of Fantasyfox news. It's not sensorship, if it's the truth, a fact he can't allow himself to believe.


I think you have it figured out.

No one in Canada is stopping them from broadcasting the true news.

The problem came because they could not guarantee they would only broadcast true facts.

 

If you read the snopes you would see they did get permission to be braodcast on what I think would often be considered 'cable'.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: At least Canadians know better!

Who determinds what is true news in your country?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: At least Canadians know better!


@r3020 wrote:

Who determinds what is true news in your country?


In the case refered to in this thread, the CRTC.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: At least Canadians know better!

How do you know Fox news lies if you can't watch it?