cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

At least one lefty see's the light!

Political strategist and former Clinton adviser James Carville thinks it's time
for President Barack Obama to . . . panic.

Following the results in two
highly watched U.S. House elections Tuesday — a stunning upset with a Republican
win in New York and and another GOP victory in Nevada — Carville says he can
think of only one word of advice for the president: Panic.

"We are far
past sending out talking points. Do not attempt to dumb it down. We cannot stand
any more explanations. Have you talked to any Democratic senators lately? I
have. It's pretty **bleep** clear they are not happy campers.

"This is what I
would say to President Barack Obama: The time has come to demand a plan of
action that requires a complete change from the direction you are
headed."

And then, Carville offers advice to the president in a CNN column. Step 1: "Fire somebody. No — fire a lot of
people."

Carville, in his usual no-nonsense approach, then compares
Obama's situation with the Russian Army's 64th division at Stalingrad and to
Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and Bill Clinton in 1994, when Clinton "fired many
people . . . and took a lot of heat for it. Reagan fired most of his campaign
staff in 1980. Republicans historically fired their own speaker, Newt Gingrich.
Bush fired Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. For God's sake, why are we still
looking at the same political and economic advisers that got us into this mess?
It's not working."

He goes on to say that Obama's team of advisers,
hard-working as they may be, aren't cutting it.

"It's time to show them
the exit. Wake up — show us you are doing something."

Carville says the
president needs to start investigating those on Wall Street who are "utterly
ruining the economic fabric of our country. Demand from the attorney general a
clear status of the state of investigation concerning these extraordinary
injustices imposed upon the American people. I know Attorney General Eric Holder
is a close friend of yours, but if his explanations aren't good, fire him too.
Demand answers to why no one has been indicted."

Carville also insists
that Obama is just not acting like a Democrat.

"While we are going along
with the Republican austerity garbage, who is making the case against it? It's
not the Democrats!

"We are allowing the over-educated, over-explanatory
bureaucrat by the name of [Congresssional Budget Office Director Douglas]
Elmendorf do all the talking. Do not let him make your case. Let us make your
case. Is it any wonder that we were doing better in the middle of the
stimulus-spending period than we are doing with the austerity
program?"

Finally, Carville says Obama must stick to his own explanations
and stop susggesting things are improving because, "evidently they are
not."

"The course we are on is not working. The hour is late, and the
need is great. Fire. Indict. Fight."

© Newsmax

Read more on Newsmax.com: Carville
to Obama: Panic

Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

14 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: At least one lefty see's the light!

Carville and Matalin. A dog and pony show! What a way to make a living!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_and_pony_show

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Maybe the republican woman has used the bedroom to get Carville to see the light. I am sure he has to say "yes, dear" just like any other married man does, just to keep the peace.

I am all for the firing of Tim Geithner, Eric Holder, and Joe Biden. Next, Obama should fire those two non-mainstream SCOTUS picks....oh, crap....guess he can't do that now.

How about getting rid of Nancy Pepsicola, and Harry Reid, too?

Maybe we just have to wait for the ballot box to take its course here.

Lets just hope and pray that none of the healthy supreme court justices die in the next couple of years.

Those that want to let Obama stew in his own juices for four more year are missing a few brain cells, me thinks.

Highlighted
Advisor

I was certain that BA was on crack, but am surprised at you after all of the reasonable posts you've been putting up lately. You put your foot into the bucket here.

Do either of you realize what it is that you are saying? Are you so aroused and gleeful over one moderate Democrat (genuinely strange but high profile at that) coming out in criticism of this man you have taken to deploring as a pox on our nation that you didn't read, or take time to consider what it was that he is saying? That the existense of any piece of wha you see as internal criticism is more improtant than where it happens to actually line you up if you agree with it? You don't want any of what Carville wants..or I should say, the rigid institutions that teh 2 of you support surely don't agree with the first word. But you laud him, just the same.

Carville is hardly a lefty. he advised a President who was no more to the left than either of those from The House of Bush who bracketed him.

But what Carville is or not, when he says fire Holder he means get somebody in there who will at least consider prosecuting Richard Chen and Donald Rumsfeld for war crimes...who will go after the perpetrators of the massive mortgage and foreclosure fraud that is going on in our courts and court houses. Struff like that, Military contractors with billions in funds put nder thier charge gone missing,  The GOP (Obama's opposition) don't want either of those,...not the tea party, not the  social and religious conservatives, not the industrialists and military contractors, not the country club boys, You knew that but were too blinded to see it by your abject disdain for the Democrat in the White House.

The bankster and chamber of commerce wing doesn't want Geithner replaced, or if they do they would make grand theatre of it and then insist that the new guy be more Geithner than Geithner.

The people who want Obama to DO SOMETHING lie well to the left of Carville... there are millions of them. Their voices are heavily muffled in the mainstream media, with namby pamby Clintonesque stuff being referred to as "liberal". But Carville here isn't an ally to your sick NOBama! at any costs, almost mental illness  Mitch McConnell and Eric Cantor  passion.

I've never cared for Jim Carville or the POS opportunist phoney he worked for, but I'm with him on this. I understand what he's saying and can see it because  I'm not looking at it through a cloud of unhealthy vengance. You guys missed what he was saying completely because the stiffo you got from seeing a celebrated Democrat criticize the man that it had to pull all the blood in your brains to lift it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

"Carville is hardly a lefty"

You have to be kidding! If there are people more wacked out than that guy this country is really screwed. Didn't he work for Clinton? hummm I always though he was a jerk too and I guess you agree.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Absolutely, astounding, bruce! Your reply was inspiring! Just shows how brain washed and dummied down these poor Angry White Men, have descended into. Where they will grab at any little thread to garner some hope, that some how, some way, the Democrat in their White House can be displaced. What they seem to have forgotten, is the election isn't this Nov. It's NEXT Nov.

Highlighted
Advisor

I always thought carville missed his calling, he should have starred in horror flicks. I can see him as dracula, or some other undead corpse type zombie. Voldmort, definitely, be a great voldmort.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

"Just shows how brain washed and dummied down these poor Angry White Men"

Is it correct to assume you are not a White Man?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

AHA! Nice, you've just proved your a raving lunatic racist, ANGRY OLD WHITE GUY.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Carville is to the left of Krugman.