cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: At least one lefty see's the light!

OK now I have to assume you are a rich young non white guys correct?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@Polaris Racer wrote:

Political strategist and former Clinton adviser James Carville thinks it's time
for President Barack Obama to . . . panic.

Following the results in two
highly watched U.S. House elections Tuesday — a stunning upset with a Republican
win in New York and and another GOP victory in Nevada — Carville says he can
think of only one word of advice for the president: Panic.

"We are far
past sending out talking points. Do not attempt to dumb it down. We cannot stand
any more explanations. Have you talked to any Democratic senators lately? I
have. It's pretty **bleep** clear they are not happy campers.

"This is what I
would say to President Barack Obama: The time has come to demand a plan of
action that requires a complete change from the direction you are
headed."

And then, Carville offers advice to the president in a CNN column. Step 1: "Fire somebody. No — fire a lot of
people."

Carville, in his usual no-nonsense approach, then compares
Obama's situation with the Russian Army's 64th division at Stalingrad and to
Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and Bill Clinton in 1994, when Clinton "fired many
people . . . and took a lot of heat for it. Reagan fired most of his campaign
staff in 1980. Republicans historically fired their own speaker, Newt Gingrich.
Bush fired Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. For God's sake, why are we still
looking at the same political and economic advisers that got us into this mess?
It's not working."

He goes on to say that Obama's team of advisers,
hard-working as they may be, aren't cutting it.

"It's time to show them
the exit. Wake up — show us you are doing something."

Carville says the
president needs to start investigating those on Wall Street who are "utterly
ruining the economic fabric of our country. Demand from the attorney general a
clear status of the state of investigation concerning these extraordinary
injustices imposed upon the American people. I know Attorney General Eric Holder
is a close friend of yours, but if his explanations aren't good, fire him too.
Demand answers to why no one has been indicted."

Carville also insists
that Obama is just not acting like a Democrat.

"While we are going along
with the Republican austerity garbage, who is making the case against it? It's
not the Democrats!

"We are allowing the over-educated, over-explanatory
bureaucrat by the name of [Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas]
Elmendorf do all the talking. Do not let him make your case. Let us make your
case. Is it any wonder that we were doing better in the middle of the
stimulus-spending period than we are doing with the austerity
program?"

Finally, Carville says Obama must stick to his own explanations
and stop suggesting things are improving because, "evidently they are
not."

"The course we are on is not working. The hour is late, and the
need is great. Fire. Indict. Fight."

© Newsmax

Read more on Newsmax.com: Carville
to Obama: Panic

Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

I hope that Zero keeps doing exactly what he has been doing, which will lead to his defeat.  Nothing short of that will get America back on the right track.

America has many problems, but none greater that having obama at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  Things will get better only when obama is an EX-president.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Show me some links where Carville talks about the need to prosecute Donald Rumsfeld for war crimes. Carville has always impressed me as a guy that could either be a republican or a democrat, depending on who was paying his fees. Clinton and Carville were two peas in a pod. Not saying that Carville never said that, just that it seems out of character for him.  How about Harry Truman....Did Carville write about the need to prosecute Truman and FDR , too, for the crimes against the Japanese civilians during WW II?

I think it is nuts for any American to back war crime prosecution of our national leaders. I might vehemently disagree with the actions of our leaders, but I understand that the country is going to fall with the same events that would cause a world prosecution of our elected and appointed officials. It may very well be what we have in store as a nation, and it is a good reason that we do need to spend for the best military around. We need protection for our sins of the past and the ones yet to be committed.

If Obama had a set, he would have gone after the crooks on Wall Street, instead of elevating the worst offenders into the greatest positions of power. Holder is a joke, and the joke is not very funny. Those two clowns tried to do a political stunt with KSM, the actual mastermind of 9-11, and would have went ahead with an embarrassing public show trial but for the adults that said "no".

Honestly, if you look at these kids, and I would include Geithner in the mix, and don't poop your pants over the current leadership, you must be on something way stronger than crack cocaine.

I wonder if GW Bush did not contribute money to the Obama campaign himself, just to be sure that he would not go down as the most incompetent president ever. Oh yeah, I guess that makes me racist.

Highlighted
Advisor

You say:

"Honestly, if you look at these kids, and I would include Geithner in the mix, and don't poop your pants over the current leadership, you must be on something way stronger than crack cocaine."

What gives you the idea that I approve of those 3?

Carville doesn"t quantify why he's critical of Holder.

The word out of D.C. is that the advisors told the WH that if they looked into war crimes that the military is so hard wired Christian right that there would be a military revolution...a coup attempt, of sorts. Any body who is familiar with the current military leadership would not discount that for a minute. We all saw those Senators come out of the Treasury building on Sept. 15, 2008, looking like somebody had just kidnapped their kids. The new WH got the same message. The biggest half dozen banks were fully prepared to let it all go and run off with what was left if need be.

I think what he's saying is that some new faces would be helpful. Some tougher cookies. People like Kennedy had around him. Carville is no lefty. He's a Clinton product.

This crap has been brewing for 30 years, since the advent of supply side economics and sporadic, adjust on the go tax policy. I can't imagine how it would have turned out any differently under McCain-Palin, Romney, Edwards or Hillary.

I'm still better than 50-50 that Obama doesn't run in '12.

And I've gotten to teh point where there is no reason to discuss budget or deficit policy or politics with anyone if the first item on the agenda isn't the 2 Bush-Cheney wars. They pretty much f'd us up bad. Evrything else is more or less part of the carnage from them.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

This didn't start in the 80s. It started in the 30s and was kicked into high gear in the 60's great society. Now Obama is taking it to a whole new level with porkulus after porkulus. The word out of DC is that only in almighty government can the answer be found.