cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Autism Awareness.

Bad ear the CDC says there are only 16 preventable diseases that have vaccines so how is it that you say that there are 36 vaccinations kids have to take??? I think as usual you exaggerate greatly!!!
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Here is the link 36 shots recommended by age 6.  Not all parents get all 36 shots, obviously but that is what is recommended.  That could I suppose a couple flu shots a year, there`s 12 shots right there and some may require a series of 2 shots one being a booster.   Canada is next closest with a recommended 28 shots.   This damned country is vaccination crazy!  It isn`t like we`re all living in a dirty 3rd world pigpen...yet.

http://vactruth.com/history-of-vaccine-schedule/

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, Autism`s history started at 1943, but we see the instances sky rocket since 1975.  When you go from 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 68 in 40 years...I just don`t see that as explained by changes in definition.  Even the last 10 years it really took off, there couldn`t have been that great of definition changes in recent years.   But I don`t know, I`m just asking the questions.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I explained that the definition changed. It is up to you to investigate and satisfy yourself. I am glad that you are open to questions. I searched "history of autism diagnosis" and similar searches, but I originally heard a discussion of this on the dreaded NPR, so feel free to blow it off.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Here is a link to wiki, they seem to say incidents of Autism have went up even though definitions have changed.  However, anecdotally to me it appears to have increased.  I`m not burdened with "fancy definitions" of things, so what I see is even if definitions change, 30 years ago to have a special olympics event which would include all handicapped children, area schools would be involved.  Today it appears there are enough handicaped children where only one school could hold such an event. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_autism

Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

The vaccine link has been totally debunked.  It was starteed based on a bad study posted in England which was later proven to be false and which the author retracted.

Older men do have a higher incidence of children with various issues.

The dfinition has changed and that is part of the increase.

Society in general, including teachers, school nurses, generap practictioners, parents and so one are much more likely to say a kid has autism, ADD, you name it rather than simply that the kid is unsocial, or weird, as they used to.

The autism spectrum was redefined a few years ago.  Conditions such as PDDNOS are now considered in the autism spectrum, as I understand it.

Insurance coverage wants a diagnosis to trigger payment so practictioners are more likely to diagnose than not if in doubt.

Some parents want a diagnosis so the kid gest special ed and an IEP.

There are probably no more autistic kids now than there were 100 years ago, we just count them differently.  Remember, in Amish country "there's an aunt in every attic".  The kids are much more visible now than they were before when they were hidden at home or put in an institution.

HortonGordelson
Senior Contributor

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

That England case may have been a "red herring" one charlatan doesn`t spoil the entire responsible vaccination cause.  

That ADHD is a whole nother can of worms, Big Pharma is more than happy to put "boys being boys" on Ritalin.  Rake in the $$$$ you know.  this Big Pharma wines and dines doctors, runs ads on tv to get the mind numbed masses of hypercondriacs to go rushing to the doctor to get on the stuff Smiley Tongue

With the Amish, I don`t mean to offend anyone, but they have a real problem in their communities with being severely in-bred which brings on platoons of problems. 

I think what happens is when a parent decides to give their <6 yr old 36 vaccinations as the doctor, nurse school teacher and CDC recommend...they don`t even want to consider what they have done might be harmful to their child, so understandably they will fight tooth and nail anyone that has a dissenting view. 

But there are tragic reactions to vaccines, more than what you might think.  The settlements are quietly made and kept off the front page.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/march-2015-settlements-in-vaccine-court-117-vaccine-injuries-and-de...

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I can't won't agree with you because you haven't put out anything that proves your point. You put up a site that is completely anti-vac and one person says the site has been debunked so why should I believe you and not the other guy? You say kids are getting toomanyshots and then include adult flu shots,shingles, pneumonia, etc, etc. You see more cases of whatever because there is more reported, diagnosis techniques are better,names of things have changed!Any timea liberal says something,you disagree or you don't believe and poo poo the person who said it.  You are as big a conservative as I am a liberal.  Vaccines do far more good than harm IMHO.  If you can find stats for autism in the African countries where there is a major effort to vaccine people against the various diseases that claim so many lives there.  Since the vaccines are the only common ground between the countries, then if there are suddenly more autism in those countries, THEN I would agree that we need to do something!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Are you really saying that school kids goto a doctorand they inject them with 36 vaccines at one time? Can you list what those 36 are for? What harm is it that this does? They give pneumonia, shingles, flu, etc to every single kid? Why does the CDC only say there are vaccines for only 16 preventable diseases in this country?