cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jput
Senior Contributor

Re: And BTW, Bush did go AWOL

Tainted biased source:

Media Matters for America (MMfA) is a politically progressive[1] media watchdog group that says it is "dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media".[2

Not only did Rather fail to produce any valid proof,  it was such a poor hack job that liberal CBS fired Rather.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: Aye yi yi

Nah.

I just get peevish having to listen to the dogs bark when Ted, Chelly and Fox send out a whistle.

Their claim on the legacy of WWII vets is zippo but it didn't take them long to figure out a button to push.

jput
Senior Contributor

Don't be distracted by whomever.

The deal here is that obummer spent more to Barrycade open space Memorials than if he'd just let them be as they were.

The **bleep** went above and beyond to be mean,  petty and vindictive.

hardnox604008
Advisor

I'm sure you don't care but I was hearing that from military people way back when his old man was vice president. I think pretty much everybody in the military had heard it.

Here's a source you might like better.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/truth-or-consequences

I showed some of this stuff to a rock ribbed republican who I know and he conceded that it was probably correct but he said he was still glad that they got that SOB Rather.

Which I'm guessing is really where you stand.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Pretty easy to make you guys feel good about being a bunch of dicks.

jput
Senior Contributor

Actually I could care less about Rather.   I stopped watching tv news back when Walter was the anchor.  Never watched Rather and even today I don't watch tv news.   Heard it got a lot worse during the past couple decades.

As far as hearing "talk" ,  that's what it mostly is,  just "talk".    Military structure is full of jealousy,  backstabbing,  ass kissing, and rumors are always flying.   I wouldn't put any stock in it.  I've seen enough.

And at this point,  GWB is irrelevant.   Little boy oBozo has had all the power since Jan. 2009.   GWB has none.   Better to focus on the present and future than waste time on the distant past where nothing is gonna be changed,  it's the past.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

No, actually draft deferrments for larger farms were pretty common.

As I said, it was legal, at least I don't have any specific knowledge of corruption in any specific draft board although I'm sure it happened.

Point being that patriotism, like religosity is cheap, particularly if you know that you and yours won't have to get killed, get otherwise messed up or have your lives severely disrupted.

And even better, you don't even have to pay for the wars- you just complain about the debt.

What you are implying is since this 90 year old farmer didn't fight in WW2 he is not patriotic, should not fly the flag, and has no right to the opinion the WW2 memorial was closed needlessly. Yet you have no knowledge of why he was deferred. Not saying this is true, but it sounds like you dislike the guy because of his conservatism.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

Nah.

I just get peevish having to listen to the dogs bark when Ted, Chelly and Fox send out a whistle.

Their claim on the legacy of WWII vets is zippo but it didn't take them long to figure out a button to push.

Did you hear the dogs barking when the politicians were being arrest at the ILLEGAL immigration rally on the CLOSED national mall?