cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

BA…..Rain?

Radar makes that seem promising.

Messages from around St. James and Mankato not so much. Quarter inch or so.

5 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: BA…..Rain?

Looks like the front is firing up a bit more as it drags east.

But probably a wee bit north of South Lake Wobegon.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

The Indianola area got 2.05 inches of rain this weekend. Million dollar rain. Pella, Iowa had a tornado skirt the south edge of town an hour ago. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

We were actually down at Waukee celebrating Fathers Day, there was puddles in Jordan Creek mall, grass was getting watered, some was brown.  Daughter heading back to Iowa City reported heavy rain on I-80 ..told it to "go north"  for me.   🙂

At my place it was zero rain.  Lackore farms at Forest City reports .04" .   So, I don`t know.

RJG640v8
Advisor

3.5 " in S Central WI , and 3.25" in S West WI in the last 4 days.  Hay grew a foot+ since , pastures rebounding nicely. 

Was getting a bit worried before that , so much so I had contacted a few rowcroppers about making hay off their grass waterways , made almost 300 round bales from that endeavor.  Not the best hay I've ever made , as they say.... better than a snowbank.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Probably had some nice weather to make it in, anyway.

As it stands now I think the hay market will probably be at least a little tighter come winter. Although it was one of the better first cut seasons in the ECB in a while- tonnage a little light but quality much better for first cut.