cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

BA has a twin

An independent candidate running for Tennessee’s 3rd Congressional District seat is under fire for a campaign billboard he posted with the slogan “Make America White Again,” local TV station WRCB reported Wednesday.

Rick Tyler confirmed to the station that he put up the billboard, which also lists the address for his campaign website. Tyler told WRCB that he does not hate people of color, but does believe America “should go back to the 1960s.”

“(The) Leave it to Beaver time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration,” he told the news station.

Tyler also posted a billboard for his campaign that features part of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have A Dream” speech superimposed on a drawing of the White House with Confederate flags around it, according to WRCB.

14 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The fact of the matter is..

...I`ve never heard of the one you`re talking about.  It`s so funny on most of these things like "Bundy news" and such, most of us real rightwingers don`t pay attention to it like you leftists do. 

But since you bring it up, when "Leave it to Beaver" was popular on tv in at the time a nation of 200 million people, there wasn`t the gang violence and school shootings, Black families had a mother & father and such, America was a pretty good place to live.  It seems that 120 million people that have been added to the population over the last 55/60yrs have been some real clinkers and they`ve spoiled the rest of the apple barrel.  I had to go to the damned Walmart the other day and it`s a freakin` zoo, a Star wars bar scene.  Women that should know better got too tight of clothes for their F.A`s and tattoos up the ying-yang some of `em had a "buck" with `em...country has really went to hell and this is a Iowa Walmart, hate to think what`s going on in some of them damned places.  It ain`t progress, that`s Fo-shizzle to use some of their lingo.

Here look at this damned mess.  You like this stuff???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro8eFoq0Y_4

hardnox
Advisor

Re: The fact of the matter is..

You mean that there might be some social degeneration in South Lake Wobegon?

Stop the presses, that's news.

Perhaps those folks will recognize that "agriculture" and it's central part in the neoliberal project were key in the decline of their circumstances.

Then you will need the AR's and the bunker but it will be white folks coming over the hill.

Better to keep 'em focused on the people of other colors.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

I detest walmart and have been there ONCE in a year, only to get goldfish for my rain barrels  Smiley Happy

Ah yes, the good old days... when there was no such thing as child abuse. It was just discipline. And sexual assault of minors was a "family matter" - which is the original problem most times. A woman in the kitchen where she dammed well belonged and those rainbow people knew their place !

Also, the top marginal tax rate was 91%... so, by all means, let's return to the 'Good Old Days™'!!! Smiley Very Happy

As far as " those people " you now see in walmart' they were always amongst us. Didnt you have those classmates in school, where mom wouldnt let you stay over ??

awful.jpg

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Oh so no there`s abuse of women and children going on now???? That`s not what I see on the nightly news, maybe you should watch news instead of Sponge Bob and you might see the world differently.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

WORK ON YOUR COMPREHENSION SKILLS.  You must have been paying too much attention to 20.  the Judge didn't say that at all.  In fact, he said just the opposite but it wasn't called that back in the "good ol' days"!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"The Judge" was insinuating that 50-60yrs ago things were soooo terrible, child abuse and women getting the hell beaten out of them...as in "things are much better now"??????????   Have you seen what some NBA and NFL players do to their wives and girlfriends? Today you have Jon Benet Ramsy deals and that scum that had 12 girls captive..on and on and on.  I don`t see where "The Judge" gets off bragging about all this "progress".   Yeah, he can go in the Army, get married to a dude and I have to bake them a cake...yeah, real progress. 

bruce MN
Advisor

Only 2 big things any different from then 'til now. Cable television and the Internet. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well policy-wise the ball got rolling during the Wilson administration..income tax, fereral reserve and WWI.  But we we still good folks, but Vietnam did a number on us..dope and tuning out, communist university professors and such.

But we get in the early 70`s Nixon closing the gold window and Kissinger making an unholy petrodollar deal.

I would say that the policy that politicians decided for us, we had no say in this, the free trade policy during the reagan administration sort of reallyput the corpse of America in the coffin...and 9/11 with the aftermath and what Obama has done to us nailed it shut and shoveled dirt on it.

The free trade going to NAFTA and Gat and CAFTA and TPP (in the works) has taken American workers from being self supporting and tax paying to minimal wages that require 2 part-time jobs and government subsidization to support a family. Laws of "no fault divorce" and such have all but destroyed the family structure.  There is nothing financially positive for a young man to get married these days, his new wife can up and decide to dump him, take half his stuff and collect a monthly payment...she may squeeze him hard enough that she can retire at 35.

The Big Box stores have replaced the small town department and hardware stores that used to give young people their first job.  Farming changes have been "no one needed to sit up all night to watch the sow farrow".  Packinghouse jobs are no longer living wage and people that "no speaky english" are employed.  Chemicals have parked the row cultivators that had sort of put a 2,000 acre cap on BTOs.   Now the yahoos that the BTO`s hire don`t even need steering wheel skills, as EZ-Steer is common.

There`s are reason that the children of the 1970`s factory workers are now the freak shows, laden with tattoos at Wallyworld, their futures were striped right from underneath them ...and few realize it.  But in 2016 (perhaps too late) we have a candidate running for president that understands and articulates this and his name is Donald Trump!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUW2-MUonbo

r3020
Senior Advisor

The war on poverty and the destruction of the American family. Almighty Big Government re-enforcement of the hippie lifestyle of if it feels good do it.