cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BBC News on the first 100 days

A long article that covers a number of areas and some of the info the writer producers is surprising compared to popular opinion.

Something only allows me to paste info into these threads occasionally 

So the link is the BBC 

Maybe this will work as the only way I could get it is to copy bits of the address at a time I may have missed something

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39724045 

Just three trading days after the new president took the oath of office, the Dow Jones Industrial Average broke through the 20,000 mark for the first time in its history. Investors expected him to slash corporate taxes and set fire to business regulations. Not since 2000, a report suggested last month, has consumer confidence been so buoyant.

This rosy soft data has not been matched by hard economic data. The US economy added just 98,000 jobs in March, almost half of what some economists expected. Industrial production and housing starts were lower than expected.

Retail sales, which should have risen with consumer confidence, actually fell by 0.2% in March, their first decline in over a year. The markets, having watched the healthcare debacle, are no longer so confident Trump can deliver lower corporate tax rates and a $1tn infrastructure spend. Barron's, the weekly financial newspaper, recently opined: "Trump bump, we hardly knew ye."