Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Not that it matters to you........

Sounds like something you would write.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: BTW happy new year

What your Dad couldn't have known, is what 1 Repbulican President and Congress were able to do in 7 short years, would come true.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Not that it matters to you........

A little thin skinned, I'd say. This forum is not a place for sissey's or liars, maybe he should concider a different forum, like maybe the ladies forum.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
The kids of those people are only 20 or less and will probably do better than their parents. However, the dem policies are more favorable to working families and repub policies favor the businessman

If Democrats ever become successful, they would become Republicans.  The Democrat Party can not afford to let them get too far up the ladder and keep them on a fairly short leash.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I sure hope so.  It saddens me when people are in a bad situation, and don't have the optimism, or even hope, necessary to improve their situation.  It saddens me even more, when they are satisfied to sit in their squallor, just because it is the 'easy' thing to do.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I really don't think the Democrat citizens want that for anybody.  They want everyone to have at least decent living conditions (although some want someone else to pay for it). 
I think the problem lies in POLITICIANS that pander to get a vote, and care more about their own re-election, than they do the plight of the average person, just trying to get by.  This is not just a Democrat or Republican thing, as much as it is a 'whats in it for me', vs, 'whats best for the country' point of view by those in Washington.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I don't think they sit in their squallor because it is the easy thing to do. Perhaps it is because their options are so few and so risky.

You share the opinion of so many from your side of the political spectrum. Like Herman Cain that folks without good jobs ought to blame themselves. As if there are no challenges to opportunity or no doors slammed in their face.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yes and no. Politicians on both sides of the aisle are guided by corporate money. That is something even republicans should oppose. Yet when they talk the talk they favor business over labor and vote for probusiness politicians Please be aware that many Bluedog democrats vote with the republican party on many issues. Thus a dem majority is usually a minority by their voting history.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Now I'm not saying that there are not people who for some reason or another, who are just 'stuck' in a bad situation, with no real way out.  There are plenty of them, and I'm more than willing to help them out. 

However, if you don't think that there are those who are perfectly content to sit around, and do nothing but collect on welfare, you really need to get around more.  Those are the ones whom I was referring to, as saddening me the most.  They COULD improve their situation, if they took the initiative, but instead are content to 'just get by', because it is the easy thing to do.  They seem to be fairly rare in my Dad's generation (which I assume you to be in, Dad is just a hair over 70) but they seem to become more common in the younger generations, especially in the generations that were raised that way.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You have a point, that Politicians tend to vote along with who gives them the most money, and it is obvious that the poor have the least money to spend on campaigning, and lobbying, and need someone to stand up for them.  However, many of those, are also more in it for 'themselves' than they are helping out those they claim to represent.

Case in point.  The Superbowl is coming up.

Jessee Jackson started a ruckuss that the makers of Budweiser beer discriminate against minorities a while back.

He no longer complains about it.

Why?
His SON is now the guy in charge of the distributership of Budweiser beer, for a large territory, the largest in Chicago.

Haven't heard a complaint about it, since, from Jessee.

So, was Jackson REALLY looking out for poor minorities, in general, or for his own interests?

http://solargeneral.com/jeffs-archive/black-civil-wrongs/jesse-shakedown-jackson-gets-beer-distribut...