cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: BTW happy new year

You are going to really base your faith in that website? I'm not saying it's not true, but on such websites such as that, it takes more collaboration than someone with an axe to grind.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I remember Jackson griping about Budweiser discriminating, a while back.

His son or sons got the deal of a lifetime, getting the Budweiser contract, in time for the Superbowl, which I would consider a pretty lucurative deal

I haven't heard Jackson comment about Budweiser since then.

Has anyone else?

I will stand by my original point.  Most big-money public partisans are more interested in their own interests, than they are the public interests.

You can point to all the good things Jackson has done in the past, and I have no doubt he did a great deal of good, but lately, since he turned 'Hollywood', so to speak, what has he done that helped others, more than himself, or his own?  Lately, it almost seems he just stirs things up, to show how much influence he wields, and to garner more support (and $$$) for himself, than to help the cause.

Oh, he's not alone, nor is it limited to the Left.  I really doubt Rush cares whether or not my kids have new clothes, as long as his ratings stay up there, and I am sure there are plenty of websites on the other side of the spectrum that would point that out, as well. 

He stirs the pot one direction, and Jackson the other, and the rest of us have to deal with all the turbulence.

I just listed one from each side, that popped into my head first, no rhyme or reason.  If I started making a full list, my fingers would go numb from all the typing.

I think many, if not most of the news and opinion sites put their own spin on things.  The trick is to try to figure out what is fact, and what is spin.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Excuse me! I meant to say GM and chrysler. My bad!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Perhaps it is as simple as Budweiser having a new awakening and offering contracts to minorities. If so the tactic worked.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

And just by mere coincidence, the two best qualified minorities in the whole world for the job, happened to be sons of the guy making a big stink about it, and using his influence to make thinly veiled threats. And then, again by mere coincidence, as soon as his sons got the job, he lost interest in harassing budweiser. I guess they must have been only two minorities short of the proper ratio, because we all know that Jackson is in no way a SELF promoter.