cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Balancing Capitalism with Realism

My ideology has never dictated my opinions.  My opinions have dictated my ideology.  If neither change I have learned nothing .

Just some observations

In an efficiency driven world, wealth will always consolidate.

Chaos will prevail when wealth is extremely consolidated

Passive poverty or inequity for the patriotic exaltation of capitalism is unrealistic

Efficiency will suffer when wealth is extremely consolidated

One percent of the wealthiest pay x percent of the taxes

Thomas Jefferson said that man could not devise enough ways to re-distribute the wealth

Taking from one person and giving to another is wrong

The definition of   "earned" has become extremely perverted today.

My conclusions today based upon my observations might not mesh with my conclusions tomorrow.

My general conclusion today is that wealth must be continually redistributed, and anything else is a peasant system.

It is morally wrong to promote an individual wealth redistribution

People must face the possibility of hunger and desperation

Redistribution must be a natural result of an economic system and a general redistirbution, not targeted to any group based upon wealth or political reasons

Recession is exaserbated by economic consolidation.  On any day, mans capacity to produce goods and services for one another is not diminished short of a health epidemic.  When the economy is spread far and wide it is less vulmerable.  For instance it is easier to kill a ton of cattle than stamp out a ton of ants.  Likewise it is easier to kill a concentrated/consolidated economy than it is to kill thousands of local economies.  To big to fail needs to be changed to too big to survive. Now we are seeing economic consolidation globally, and there will be no economic seed in some areas to restart other economies.

Capitalism needs an innoculation against concentration.  That should be the only legitimate involvement of government.  Jefferson saw that many years ago.

2 Replies
Advisor

Re: Balancing Capitalism with Realism

"Recession is exaserbated by economic consolidation.  On any day, mans capacity to produce goods and services for one another is not diminished short of a health epidemic.  When the economy is spread far and wide it is less vulmerable.  For instance it is easier to kill a ton of cattle than stamp out a ton of ants.  Likewise it is easier to kill a concentrated/consolidated economy than it is to kill thousands of local economies.  To big to fail needs to be changed to too big to survive. Now we are seeing economic consolidation globally, and there will be no economic seed in some areas to restart other economies."

Good stuff..and so far off of the radar of anybody anywhere who is going to be charged with doing anything, about anything.

Advisor

Re: Balancing Capitalism with Realism

That's what the bailouts were about, preserving consolidated wealth, fighting off the wealth redistribution of capitalistic destruction.

I'd add that the one thing consolidated wealth is really good at is capturing politicians.