cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

Battle of Seattle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Seattle_WTO_protests

I'm personally convinced that the 1999 Battle of Seattle so shocked the permanent government that it marked the point where plans for the 2001 coup to bring down the republic were begun in earnest.

Hey, you just can't have a world run for the benefit of oligarchs if people are going to show up en masse and create a big ruckus. At that time the US lacked a cohesive central apparatus for suppressing dissent and the constition appeared to look diml;y on that, soooo....

8 Replies
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Battle of Seattle

I'm going to disagree.  Like in your other post about the roman republic, no one can really name a day when the roman republic became the empire.  It was many things all put together.  IMO the turning point on the our republic was in the period just after the turn into the 20th century.  So many thing happened in that era that delivered power to a central government that could then be used ASA tool for the oligarchs.  And I'd argue that was the intent.   Since then its been a more or less steady progression of a growing police state.   I doubt the oligaths were any more scared by what happened in Seattle than by the ww1 vets matching on DC.  

I think you could also argue the path chosen in 1861 sealed our fate.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

How long do you think it will be before "Mr. Big" actually has The Constitution destroyed and the concentration camps begin to be filled? I am beginning to think like you and realize that our Republic is finished and the New Nazis will control our every move. Maybe those bi0logical W M D's would be best directed at some place other than TowelHeadVille.
hardnox604008
Advisor

I agree with you.

My point is that the supporters of the coup can point back at all the previous grievances with the state and thus, with consciences whole,  be the ones applauding Caesar as he marches in at the head of his troops.

It really didn't get any better.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Dunno.

In all fairness, I can't criticize Ms. Palin's comments about the intentions behind the massive the DHS ammo cache when I was the one who was hollering about the Bush executive order to create DHS concentration camps.

It's like WTF, if you don't want me to be a kook why in the world did you authorize these things? 

On the concentraion camps it was a no-bid contract to Halliburton so the basic run-of-the-mill corruption is part of the answer- likewise with the bullets and other gear and the well connected arms industry- but I'm not really able to buy into the notion that it is all just benign stuff for our own good.

For now we are human livestock and essential to the prosperity of the ranch as consumer bees, voter bees, prisoner bees (for the drug/corrections/lawenforcement racket)  etc.

Not sure when it is time for the herd to be culled.

With some innate, intuitive survival instinct it may be that RW militia types are actually positioning themselves to survive as allies of the PTB (not so much to fend off the colored hoard as to act as a brownshirt militia for political suppression,) Just thinking on that one.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

We all get it Nox, Bush wasn`t a real conservative, Cheney was a little higher up on the PTB food chain, neo-cons started alot of nasty stuff post 9/11, wars were put on the credit card.  I think that many will agree with that, however us powdered wig crowd felt our freedoms were safe at that time.  If you`ll recall the Gerry Spense "catching wild hogs" story, the fence was being constructed at that time.

Here are the facts though #1 the Democrats could`ve stopped it.  #2 the election of 0bama was supposed to put a end to that stuff, he was supposed to run a "transparent administration" ..here`s what we`ve gotten...0bama killed MORE with drones in 8 months than Bush did in 8 YEARS. You might say that from 2001-2009 was Bush concealed and from 2009-2013 are Bush revealed" ...Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

What amazes me is why you oppressed people are still here. That fence on our southern border doen't keep you in,

johnaa
Advisor

At the time I realized the main thing standing in the way of the POB's plans is the Constitution of the United States, I bought a PC and attempted to find people I could work with.   So very few could or wanted to grasp what was happening being divided and distracted by petty interests and about all of those opposed are statests of one kind or the other, which is the basic enemy of individual Liberty.  Doesn't seem to be very many who understand what happening, the parrot masters are very successful in keeping the sheeple divided and fighting each other.    What makes it easy for them is few want to see the elephant because  they would need to fight it if they recognize reality.

It's somewhat Yossarian's position in Catch 22. 

hardnox604008
Advisor

As far as who is the most valuable livestock on the USA ranch, probably near #1 would be drug users- particularly those who are in deep enough to be serially incarcerated. They spend their lives working and stealing to support a habit of fabulously overpriced addictive substances that generate vast amounts of tax free cash and when caught generate huge profits for the criminal justice/corrections industry. Got 'em coming and going.

Chronically and seriously ill people probably come next as a single diabetic can generate decades of outrageous profits for the sickcare industry.