cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Beck and FOX part ways

I heard on the news that FOX has let Beck go but have not heard any details on why.  Dropping ratings or something he said or did?  I am curious if anyone heard why he was let go.  Does this effect his radio show as well?.

7 Replies
tomtoolbag
Senior Contributor

Re: Beck and FOX part ways

He's served his purpose(2010 elections) and has outlived his usefulness. His ratings have dropped by like a million viewers in a year even though he's still popular but no sponsors(300 lost, now down to 0) want anything to do with him or want to be associated with him. Not only that, he's predicted the liberal induced apocalypse for 3 straight years and is hasn't happened. It's time for some new blood with the same old worn out BS, and Trump has just signed on with Fox for Mondays. It's like the new fad of the Bud Light bottle, but it still contains the same beer inside.

r3020
Senior Advisor

May be he can get a job at NPR.

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

They let him go according to a report I read yesterday because of the amount of advertising money that has been pulled from Fox by companies. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You know Budweiser gets it's water from the Mississippi about 300' downstream from the sewerage outlets don't you?

tomtoolbag
Senior Contributor

LOL, that doesn't surprise me. I like Spotted Cow, and you can only buy it in Wisconsin, otherwise it's Miller Lite because it's cheap and popular here being we're so close to the CDL (cheddar demarcation line).

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I'm not too big on all the microbrews but do like Blue Moon.  Used to have MGD a lot but stopped that pretty much now.  Out here I can get an El Salvadorian beer that is like $8 for 20 bottles.  Can't remember the name right now but it is GOOD.  More of a European style beer which I like.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

The relevance between a sewerage outlet and the BS coming from the mouth of Beck have this strange resemblance. I can't help feeling there is a connection.