cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Becoming concerned...25th Amendment

Serious sounding GOP pols and pundits starting to bring it up. Won’tget Much traction until the “right” Thumpers throw in in a claim on the Pence insurance policy. 

Impeachment remains a talking point, email fundraising bit and can’t be started officially as long as Mitch runs The Senate  

But we could see the 25th come in to play.  Not sure if a recommendation from the Cabinet needs a Congressional stamp, but I could see the Demm House rejecting it if they are given the opportunity. 

We need to hold an election. Fairly counted.  Whatever comes out of this needs to be backed by a credible citizen survey. 

7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Becoming concerned...25th Amendment

Bruce,

You'll love this article, and it's only moderately one sided.

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/25th-amendment-simple-terms/

Advisor

Upon investigation, the 25th is kind of a mess in regards to the actual removal of a sentient, sitting President. It works a lot better with clear disablement- temporary or permanent.

They're in a tough spot. They could offer Trump a Nixon/Ford deal but would have to back load it to after the election (otherwise Pence is Ford) and do it late enough that Trump's lawyers could stall out legal problems until then.

I'll slightly amend my point about panic setting in if the 538 composite is much under 40 a year out. Splitting hairs, but it is more about the near mirror image disapproval number should it get above about 56. You can win back people who've just left the approve camp, but harder to do anything with people who are at disapprove.

Advisor

Will read it but hoping that you know me well enough by now that you’d feel stupid about saying that i’d “love” something.

Senior Advisor

Who are the GOP pols and pundits bringing it up?

Advisor

straw grasping

RRR failed miserably. Now the progressives hope for a recession and for China to prosper, just to get the orange man out of office. And impeachment, or 25th Amendment, or ????

Maybe just enjoy a nice day, or the kids, or grandkids, or the dog, or fishing, or something instead of picking at their festering TDS sores.

https://townhall.com/capitol-voices/congressmanmattgaetz/2019/08/19/an-autopsy-of-the-impeachment-mo...

Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Serious sounding GOP pols and pundits starting to bring it up. Won’tget Much traction until the “right” Thumpers throw in in a claim on the Pence insurance policy. 

Impeachment remains a talking point, email fundraising bit and can’t be started officially as long as Mitch runs The Senate  

But we could see the 25th come in to play.  Not sure if a recommendation from the Cabinet needs a Congressional stamp, but I could see the Demm House rejecting it if they are given the opportunity. 

We need to hold an election. Fairly counted.  Whatever comes out of this needs to be backed by a credible citizen survey. 

Let me see if I understand your concerns.   Trump is so mentally incompetent that he needs to be removed by the 25th, and is so deviously intelligent as to be able to corrupt an election process that Barry Obama said was incorruptible?  Dat it?

Senior Contributor

Read an article that said it would not work because there are too many 'acting' individuals to bring it in.

Apparently those 'acting' heads can not enforce it.