cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Been thinking all day

Of what we'll do, after what Craig told us, to protect hearth and home in the event of a Trump loss. Will my bagger neighbor a couple of miles down the road who has a couple of hundred cattle on feed come down and slaughter us for the contents of our deep freeze or just go out and feed his cattle in the morning, with his hopes of Donald coming up with some "artful deal" to drive the fat market back up to 180/cwt shattered?
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Been thinking all day

A few things about "Baggers" which I think you know are true, it`s just you get a kick out of making a Hollywood perjorative out of them and the myths.  Baggers tend to be "preppers", they probably have a bigger deep freezer and fruit cellar than the average Obama voter.  Baggers have a moral code, like would you have any fear at all that Cliven Bundy would pull a gun on you, shoot your wife and occupy your home? 

The Bundy Bagger types tend to view the government as the enemy and leave the common Bruces and their deep freezers alone.  ..With this caveat: if there ever is a crash and supermarket shelves are empty and the Bagger`s deep freezers are empty, then it will quickly become "Lord of the Flies", it won`t be those with the most firepower, but rather those most savage will rule.

This is why, when times are good get to know your neighbors, know everyone in your community. That way BEFORE the supermarket shelves are empty, you and your neighbors can band together to barter and protect one another.  A unified community in the midst of chaos can survive, but just single individual outposts will be ravaged by the hoards from the cities.

Senior Contributor

Some of my neigbors are good decent liberals.

The others, not so much. One STILL has a Ben Carson sign up, another has a Cruz sign.

Advisor

Well, I didn't see any of the bluejackets risk all to join the Malheur Revolution. Just cheered it on via wifi.

So I'm not real worried, even if I've made it publicly clear that I'm not on board.

An aside, I'm a bit perplexed as to why preppers who are certain that things are going to come crashing down any day now are worried about any of this politics stuff.

Other than I guess removing Mexicans from the neighborhood beforehand. Although I'm pretty certain that the people who the people who replace the hispanics will be just as lethal if they're hungry.

Honored Advisor

A white guy with his family in their own little home and a full deep freezer and a nice fire in the stove, the last thing on their mind would be to start a firefight with anyone.  Hopefully the gangs in the cities kill each other off  for the most part before they make it to the country.  If if there is a crash, a professional group of preppers that have being a warlord would be a dangerous thing.  If there`s no law, it would be survival of the lowest common denominator.