cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Being Honest about G HW Bush

What happen Nox? Had to log in under a new name?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: You’re not giving him enough credit

The late HW Bush went from 90% to 30% in popularity...the 90% was explained in George C Scott`s "Patton" monolog (America loves a winner), the 30% came with the body bags and rising debt.  That gave way to a womanizing, doobie smoking (but not inhaling) saxophone playing hipster on the Arsenio Hall show becoming president.

Which in turn rightly scared us Nimrods that the tree stump Algore would take our guns.  So we got Dubya, who surrounded himself with those that like war a little too much...even General Patton would say "we don`t have to start wars all the time, even I`m getting a little sick of all this fighting.".  

That lead to the worst president in the history of the United States Barack Hussien Obama I mean we fought Muslims for 8 years and then elected one ???? Call Ripley`s believe it or not!

Okay That leap to Trump, every frog in the pot realized that the water was at a rapid boil and voted for Trump out of self preservation.   Without Obama, there`d be no Trump.

k-289
Senior Advisor

Wondering   where  the  soon  to  be  eX - gOV   of  Wisconsin  might  be  lining  up  for  an  Ambassador  Job  -  ?

Follow  the  pattern -  example  of  Sunflowers  &  Prairie  Roses  -  maybe  -   -    -

R I P    -   G  H  W    -   you  were  just  the  messenger  -   -   -

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

hardselfishgrandpanox?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hardshellfish?   I`m allergic    🙂

bruce MN
Advisor

‘92

You might want to look into this

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-ross-perot-myth/

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Re: ‘92

yeah, if you can find it , it has to be true.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ross Perot caused GHW Bush the re-election.

No Perot...no BJ.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

does seem to put words together the same.

bruce MN
Advisor

You should be mourning the loss of Sen Franken

The most prominent and vocal person of any import fighting for a free and open Internet.

There are 7.7 Billion people in the world.  It would be a horrible shame if even the 1st one were not holding the opportunity to view your and BA’s keen instinctive parochial views on all matters.  One can’t generally “just know” if they don’t have a little something to go on.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: ‘92

I don`t know if Perot caused HW to lose the `92 election or not, what I can tell you had it been only the choice between HW and BJ, that would`ve been just another election that I wouldn`t have participated in.

But consider the times, if you asked HW and BJ "do you want homosexual marriage?" they both would`ve said "No" If you asked "are you gonna take our guns away" they would`ve both answered "No" and they both would`ve been lying on both counts, although BJ lying a little more but both lying.

Perot impressed me about Perot was he got his own employees rescued in Iran.  Perot is against free trade which has been proven to be globalism and one step closer to a one world government in which some idiot in Brussels tells me where and when I can plant my potatoes.  When asked by Donahue what he`d do if someone pulled a gun on him, he replied "They would just have committed suicide"  Smiley Very Happy

https://feraljundi.com/2010/07/21/history-ross-perots-private-rescue-of-eds-employees-in-iran-1978/

But back then, I had the luxury of throwing away my vote on the 3rd party candidate to "send a message".  After nearly 30yrs of liberal globalism and slouching towards Gomorrah, I am forced to clinge to driftwood at the ballot box just to survive.