cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Being a citizen of a representative republic is hard work

we'll see what happens.

Some 30% of the electorate is lost to The Dark Side owing to personal grievances that have been lodged against their identities. 10% have a strong material stake in the current direction of things.

There's a squishy 10-15% who will decide if they're up to it or just too lazy to stand up against lawless authoritarianism. Or at least to recognize that once lost, you don't get your Republic back.

9 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Being a citizen of a representative republic is hard work

Just remember Nancy Pelosi said no one is above the law. No one.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Well.

When they come for me I just hope I get McCabe's grand jury.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

It is darn near impossible to not get an indictment.

Although they can always just keep impaneling more until they get it right.

That's what Comrade Vyshinsky would do.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

"lawless authoritarianism"

I don't think that is quite right.   Plain old in your face authoritarians just make the laws what ever the want them to be.    Authoritarianism by law.   Like Obamacare.  

Are you trying to describe more a system were the law is only selectively enforced?   Like Flynn lying to an fbi agent being an infraction law,  McCabe lying to an fbi agent being a simple employee infraction.  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Flynn was also conspiring with a foreign government- Turkey.

For pay. He's lucky he rolled over and squealed in order to avoid being in prison for the rest of his life.

Now he's trying to weasel out of the whole thing.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Pretty much as I noted, for the 30% who have already been lost to the Dark Side it is already lawless authoritarianism.

Obamacare, gun control, the Federal Reserve, etc.

Although as noted in my Incel post, not really the key underlying psychological trauma.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

Pretty much as I noted, for the 30% who have already been lost to the Dark Side it is already lawless authoritarianism.

Although as noted in my Incel post, not really the key underlying psychological trauma.

I didn't read that post.  Your  absorption with millennials sex lives is a bit disturbing,  I try to avoid it.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

@Samthehumble wrote:

@sdholloway56 wrote:

I didn't read that post.  Your  absorption with millennials sex lives is a bit disturbing,  I try to avoid it.

He is good pals with AgJudge, you know. Whom disappeared about the time a fire in his hometown happened. Coincidence?

r3020
Senior Advisor

So what we have learned is it is illegal to offer nothing but ask for an investigation over the phone but is perfectly legal to threaten to with hold aid while asking for an investigation through a letter. That is what is called lawfare. Use the ever changing law as a weapon against those with whom you disagree.