cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Bernie Sanders, bless his heart!

Has started a senate filibuster this morning on Republican/caveman proposed tax deal. Sherrod Brown relieved him long enough for Sanders to relieve himself, but the plucky Vermonter is taking it to them. Finally someone that is not a gutless wonder is stepping out in front. I suppose they will take their usual weekend off and the christian holidays, but senator Reid should hold the senate in session until their term expires or the the tax cut legislation expires.

All it takes is the president veto pen to stop any tax legislation for the next two years to bring the republicans to their knees. It's just too darn important to allow those petulant  expletives win by default.

Bernie Sanders and Dennis Kuchinich in 2012. That is if you want government of the people instead of government of corporations.

BTW Bernie lead the charge requiring the fed to reveal who they have been bailing out without congressional authority. You will be interested in knowing who is getting bailed and the amount far exceeding the tarp bailout. Yep Foreign entities including job creation  in South Korea.

22 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Bernie Sanders, bless his heart!

I agree with your post completely

Senior Contributor

"government of corporations"

Hey Kraft-t, I am an ant-i-war demo, and not a corp, so how's come I simply love the Obama tax bill??

I think Bernie Sanders and Dennis Kuchinich are anti American and should be censored permanently.

Veteran Advisor

Where's all the members of the teabagger caucus????

Maybe they are out being bought, sold and traded amongst the status quo of the United States of Corporate America, with or without their pitchfork in hand, because nothing says you're an American or a patriot like being a lap-dog bi##h for the rich and the Chamber of Commerce. 

Veteran Advisor

Fantastic historical discovery found in Minn cabin:

http://www.startribune.com/local/111658794.html?elr=KArksSmiley Very HappyCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiacyKUzyaP37D_ncyD_2yckUr

If the man came back he'd be probably considered a commie by these baggers and wingers.

Veteran Advisor

Don, do you really want this to expire?  I mean really, truly?  I always thought that compromise when the stakes are high and you get some of what you want and the other guy gets some of what he wants is ok if the greater good is served in the process.

Senior Contributor

uh oh..there is a crack in the ranks. Not good.

Here is what I think should happen. Take the tax rates back to where they were during the Carter reign. That would be the ticket.

Senior Contributor

Hear, Hear!!

Senior Contributor

My question, bart? What comprimise? All the G******ED Republicans are doing it holding Americans HOSTAGE, to fatten the pocket books of the rich b*t*hes that put them in office! I say to h*ll with that! Watch the b*tching and moaning if we take it back where it was under Clinton. I'll gladly pay my share, if they have to pay their share, and I can afford it a lot less than they can, but it will be worth it knowing my party, (who's still in power) took it to them for a change!

Veteran Advisor

I'm waiting for the former head cheerleader-come-politician to do her weekly press conference of idiocy and inform us all of the incoming UFOs full of aliens that want Social Security because they heard it's such a lavish lifestyle. And, not to be outdone by her friendly rival and partner in all things stupid, Sarah Palin will reiterate those talking points, of course in 140 characters or less. In the mean time, while the politicians that were elected to do what they are FINALLY doing now, we will be inundated with Palin's goofy abbreviations while trying not to sound pointless, and simultaneously creating another crisis based upon a mythical republican distraction.