cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Bernie's $15

Here's the deal- even if Sanders was elected with some coattails in congress, he wouldn't get a $15 national minimum wage passed.

But there is a concept known as negotiation and you generally want to start high.

There's also a concept known as Clinton Negotiation where you ask for $.50, get $.25 and say, well I was fighting for you. But the Republicans.

15 Replies
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Some how the righties

do not want the working folks to share in the wealth of a robust economy. What it would do is transfer wealth from those that won't pay taxes to those that do pay taxes. We can't be in favor of that!  Seriously !

The $15 wage rate is opposed by thesame folk that oppose any minimum wage. Ever $7.25 !

Those folks worship at the alter of capitalism. That supply-demand should determine all prices and any intervention by goverment into the equation is an assault against their religion. Capitalism is in fact their religion and protecting their dollar is more important than anything.

r3020
Senior Advisor

You're the one who went to Mexico for his denatal services instead of paying American wages which are taxed in America. Your money is in Mexico.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Smiley Very Happy

OKdon
Senior Contributor

do you really want to laugh at that stupid joke? If you bought a car that was made in Mexico would you be cursed for skipping the concerns of american labor. I did not hire mexican labor. I bought  dental devices in  mexico.

More than likely, you have bought more from mexico than I have.

BTW I bought a new Lincoln in Oklahoma which was built in Canada. I didn't know until after the purchase that it was built in Canada. I guess I rewarded canadian workers instead of american workers.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Spot on

Doesnt get more hypocritical than that. About as clear of an example of

saying "do as I say, not as I do" as you can ever find.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

What`s funny Don is you are exemplifying of why a forced higher wage wouldn`t work when you have open borders.  See, you heard that all you have to do is cross the border and get the same dental work for $5,000 less.  Well, that is $5,000 that an American dentist lost and won`t be able to hire the local contractor to remodel his office and give his receptionist a raise.  Now, if when you were going to cross the border back in here the border guard looked in you mouth and said `there`s $5,000 in dental work in there and we`ll have to charge you a tariff to come back into the United States...the tariff will be $5,000 plaese" .   Well you`d grumble and say "I shoulda never went to Mexico to have this done...I didn`t save a dime!" ...Well good!  That $5,000 savings would stayed in the US and turned over many times to plumbers, waitresses, car dealers...the IRS.

That is a perfect example of the wealth transfer out of this country.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Don, few people realize just where their car is 'made'

i bet your Lincoln was assembled in Canada but the parts likely came from half a dozen different countries including a sizable portion from the USA.

i have children who work in the auto industry and know the places where they work are always sourcing parts from mulitple countries and they are just part of the supply chain that provides parts for the finally assembly plants in both the US and Canada.

So your car may have been assembled in Canada but was actually made around the world.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Actually the savings was $10k not 5K. Tell me you wouldn't do it.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Spot on

Do y'all really think that the $2000 for a root canal and crown here filters on down to the employees of the dentist?   They don't share in that wealth.  They make what they make and the dentist makes a bundle.  In Mexico, you pay about $650 for the same procedure and the pay is comparable for the standard of living there.  You are still comparing apples to oranges and your basic gripe is the minimum wage.  Why not save a little money whenever you can?  Don't you?