cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Best guesses

It is possible that the Republic may fall and permanently enshrine the privileges of people with white skin and an inheritance.

There's certainly a vast amount of money that's been spent to brainwash people in that direction and it has worked relatively well.

I'm still betting on the broad and beautiful arc of US history, though.

You're destined to be a part of the radical bloc that will bring us to the (perhaps necessary) crisis. But I'm guessing you'll lose and I'm also guessing that you (plural) would have been better off not going there.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: another guess

@hardnox wrote:

as the country heads into serious meltdown mode, mass shootings will accelerate to a rate of several per day.

The Great Re-Set that begins around 2020 will include some serious gun control measures. The NRA will have self-immolated in the same fashion as the current crop of billionaire political funding oligarchs.

A modest hot Civil War will ensue as Federal troops close in on the last half million militia holdouts.

Don't be so obtuse. More than half of the military will defect to join the militia groups , and besides, the current military is so messed up, that they can't even dispatch 12,000 ji-had goat fSmiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surpriseders in ISISville.  Some of the "militia" outfits have some of the finest weapons in the world.  The only group getting "closed in on" are the corrupt pollies in Washington DC. 

Clinton will not be elected. She might be "selected", and if she is, won't finish the term. 

Veteran Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

It is possible that the Republic may fall and permanently enshrine the privileges of people with white skin and an inheritance.

There's certainly a vast amount of money that's been spent to brainwash people in that direction and it has worked relatively well.

I'm still betting on the broad and beautiful arc of US history, though.

You're destined to be a part of the radical bloc that will bring us to the (perhaps necessary) crisis. But I'm guessing you'll lose and I'm also guessing that you (plural) would have been better off not going there.

You might be better off 'Wellstone-ing" yourself, while you still have time. 

hardnox
Advisor

Speaking of the ostracism and intimidation that is going to come along with the prospective race.

Goes without saying that I won't be intimidated by mouthbreathing, gun toting thugs. The seething desire to express all that resentment has been mostly bottled up since the fall of the Klan in the 20s, but it is ready to explode.

So it is going to just kill me when I'm forced to pound the Hillary sign into my yard. As to what I might do behind the curtain in the voting booth is my own business but it is a sign that I'm not with them.

That runs counter to my general belief that we as a country are driving ourselves right, smack dab, into an historic crisis and it is best to just keep your head down.

As for - The Worst, who are filled with passionate intensity- well, I doubt that the possibility that it may all turn out quite badly isn't really in consideration.

hardnox
Advisor

There's a great deal of post-war German lit that deals with the Good German who saw a position in The Party as the fulfillment of their previously unfulfilled stature.

Veteran Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

Speaking of the ostracism and intimidation that is going to come along with the prospective race.

Goes without saying that I won't be intimidated by mouthbreathing, gun toting thugs. The seething desire to express all that resentment has been mostly bottled up since the fall of the Klan in the 20s, but it is ready to explode.

So it is going to just kill me when I'm forced to pound the Hillary sign into my yard. As to what I might do behind the curtain in the voting booth is my own business but it is a sign that I'm not with them.

That runs counter to my general belief that we as a country are driving ourselves right, smack dab, into an historic crisis and it is best to just keep your head down.

As for - The Worst, who are filled with passionate intensity- well, I doubt that the possibility that it may all turn out quite badly isn't really in consideration.

Pound that sign in your yard. It helps to identify the places to 'hit' by those mouth-breathing gun carriers. We all know where the Dems are. }:-)

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: What an interesting exchange guys!

thanks nox!

RJG640v8
Advisor

it's real "Daddy party" stuff.............. they are living vicariously through Mr Trump just as they did with W Bush and Ronnie Reagan.

they really are not tough, but listening to tough talk from a daddy makes them feel good and tough themselves. My guess would be that most of them stayed within 20 miles of home, and daddy.