cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
9 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Big F deal?

So everything`s great, raise interest rates and lower taxes?    Bernie Sanders and his war against the "1%" was foolish, he didn`t know what he was talking about?     All the Bernie-bots were foolish...things are great!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Obama`s popularity is proof of the axiom "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people"-HL Mencken.    Obama has successfully segregated himself from his failed policies in the Middle East, Healthcare, race relations...all matters that in seperate polls there`s a consensus things are worse off than 8 years ago.  Obama is that cool black guy that everyone wants to smack hands with to prove they are cool.

It`s kind of that what slides off Obama, lands on Hillary, she seems to be the fallguy that gets the bumps and bruises, while Obama is the top star in the movie.    Hillary is the well deserved villian role and I don`t know that 2/3`s of people believing she`s crooked as a dog`s hind leg can be corrected by the "cool black guy" putting his arm around her at a Cedar Rapids rally.

I probably would`ve supported Jeb, Kasich or Rubio were they the nominee, however would they draw the crowds of previously non-voters that Trump has?   I doubt it, those 3 are indistingushisable from Mitt Romney, John McCain and Bush the younger and elder.   Republicans have been unhappy with their bull pen for 25 years now and it`s been growing.  Trump was just this perfect tide that come in at the right alignment of the stars...let`s hope that it`s not a minute too late.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

double digit Democrat support for Trump

that is what the celebrity status of the Trump brand brings to the

ticket...he is reaching across party lines and pulling in the dissatified

progressives at a pace Romney and McCain would have relished.

Not a good candidate, but if he gets the progressives out of the

white house, he is a great one. Really don't want to see what becomes

of America with 9 Sotomayers and Ginsburgs on the Supreme Court.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: double digit Democrat support for Trump

Hey Red, if Trump as a more measured candidate with the same gutsy statements...maybe have Pat Buchanan`s mouth filter and talent for walking "certain" lines that the correct solution demands be walked, I think he would`ve won over even more Dems and Indies.   As flawed as Trump is and as corrupt and dependent as many in the electorate are, it just shows how really ticked off many of us are.  Previous elections, candidate Trump would`ve never made it past North Carolina in the primaries...we`re mad as hell and ain`t gonna take it anymore!

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Yes we are much bwetter off than we were 8 years ago. teetering on the brink of a world wide depression was much better than this.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

We have more unfunded mandates, national debt doubled, health insurance premiems doubled, deductables raised, can`t keep same doctor or same plan.  Federal reserve has kept interest rates at zero (or exucuse me 1/4%) to avoid an instant depression,  record 94 million out of work force, nearly 50 million on food stamps, half the country doesn`t make enough to actually owe federal income taxes.   If things are "great" I`d hate to see your definition of things being bad.

r3020
Senior Advisor

It's been fantastic for the top 1%.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

if you don't have to come up with $20,000 for health insurance, maybe Obama

is still like Santa Claus.

Plus if you despise your own offspring and really dont want to leave them

anything when you pass on, maybe he is OK.

Or if you cant figure out why men and women were created differently, or

any of the other fruitloop issues......then maybe the guy is alright.