cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimMeade
Veteran Advisor

Biggest Stories For 2017?

I started a thread in Farm Business on big ag stories of 2017, but it's been an interesting year all around.  What is on your list of big stories in 2017, not necessarily farm related?  I'll start with a couple.  Probably all the stories are right - it's not an idea of yours are good and mine aren't.  What did you find interesting?

North Korean missiles

Sex scandals affect business and politics

Tax bill

7 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Biggest Stories For 2017?

The devastating hurricanes and BIG forest and wild fires

The model for all of the rest who aren’t sufficiently connected and practically useful to high market “interests” that the Federal response, as led and directed by the current administration, to the tragedy in Puerto Rico set.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The weaponization of the US intelligence agencies.

Probably the explosion of sexual harassment and assault allegations although where it is all headed and is taking us is unclear.

Fox News was Patient 0 but then it quickly spread to everywhere.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Record high Dow, record low unemployment, record low unemployment for Blacks, record existing home sales up like 5.6% last month blowing all expectations out the window.  +3% GDP growth when did we last have that during Reagan?  My Son landed a job a year before he graduates +6 figures right out of school!   Business is good!

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

--Houston Astros are World Series Champions - First championship in their 56 year history.

--Trump

wehav
Senior Contributor

"Record high Dow, record low unemployment, record low unemployment for Blacks, record existing home sales up like 5.6% last month blowing all expectations out the window.  +3% GDP growth"

Discovering that the major networks fabricate news or twist it so as to make them no longer believable sources.