cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bill Still documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkq2E8mswI

For those who are interested in unconventional economic policies. As far as I know, Still is still (hah) running for the Liberatian nomination.

In the scheme of things, if you are going to throw off the current Fed centered financial system, I think his proposed fiat money system has a bit better chance of actually working as compared to the Austrian hard money view which I view as hopelessly deflationary in these circumstances. If you want to go back and correct original sin, sure, but I don't think you'll survive the adjustment.

FWIW, I don't think that the halcyon periods of fiat currency that he makes note of were exactly free of problems- in fact they were rather inflationary. But I think I'll take inflation over deflation at this point.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

The blame game, old tactic of the plutocrats

Thanks for the very timely and pertinent link!  Too bad very few will watch it and will forever keep attempting to be the first fool to shout "Conspiracy theory" and stop others from thinking.  Like the pigs trained the chickens and sheep to do in order to keep the other animals from discussing and thinking about what is happening in Orwell's Animal Farm.

"We must keep the people busy with political antagonisms.  We'll therefore speed up the question of reform(of tariffs within) the Democratic Party, and we'll put the spotlight on the question of protection (for) the Republican Party."

--"By dividing the electorate this way be able to have them spend their energies at struggling among themselves on questions that, for us, have no importance whatsoever."  --    United States Bankers Magazine 1892

The Plutocrats have the "inferior stratum of society" well under control today, as is evident on this site.   Notice how easily they can keep the flocks squawking and bleating, "busy with political antagonisms" while they pull off the biggest rip-off in recent history.  ---Oh! Look over there at those muslims, don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain--  Give the racist and bigoted sheeple a target for their hate, fear and loathing and they will not give their real enemies any trouble.

When is the 98% going to WAKE UP?

"we must go forward cautiously and consolidate each acquired position, because already the inferior social stratum of society is giving unceasing signs of agitation.  Let us make use of the courts, when through the law's intervention the common people shall have lost their homes they will be more easy to control and govern, and they shall not be able to resist the strong hand of the government acting in accordance with the control of the leaders of finance."  ---United States Bankers Magazine 1892

Highlighted

More money stuff

From Simon Johnson, who I'd describe as one of the good guys on Ron Paul

http://baselinescenario.com/2012/01/05/ron-paul-and-the-banks/http://baselinescenario.com/2012/01/05...

Sorry, my browser just did something strange.

Come to think of it I haven't even heard a ting about Jon Huntsman's proposal to break up the TBTF banks