cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Black voters vote race regardless of qualifications?

GTO, you have confused the heck out of me with your replies and links provided.  Not sure what you are trying to prove with those links.

There are people in both parties who prefer to vote for someone who is the same race as they are.  There are also racists in both parties.  Remember the comments made about Obama by Dem. Senate leader Harry Reid?   Reid described Obama as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."   How about the racist comments made by Dem VP Joe Biden before the election about Obama?  Biden said, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.  I mean, that's a storybook, man." 

How about Bill Clinton's racist remarks about Obama that ended up dearly costing his wife's shot at winning in 2008.  After Obama won the Iowa caucus on Jan. 3, 2008 Bill Clinton called Ted Kennedy to press Ted for an endorsement of his wife.  During the phone call an upset Bill belittled Obama and told Kennedy, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.   This upset Kennedy and backfired on the Clintons as Kennedy came out 5 days later and endorsed Obama.   

The book "Game Change" which deals with the 2008 presidential election reports that Hillary Clinton after hearing rumors about possible drug use by her Democratic rival, Obama said, "Good for him," and "Let's push it out."   Hillary's senior adviser Mark Penn was heard boasting to his staff how many times he managed to work the word "cocaine" into an MSNBC segment where attacked Obama.  Then there was the classic Hillary speech given in Selma, Al. where she pandered to her black audience with her newly discovered black southern drawl. 

How about Diane Watson a black Dem state senator from Calf. who said this about black conservative Ward Connerly.  "He's married to a white woman.  He wants to be white.  He wants a colorless society.  He doesn't want to be black."  

Then there was Al Sharpton's comment.  "White folks was in caves while was building empires....  We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

Perhaps the most impressive racist comment made a prominent Democrat was by President LBJ after passing the Civil rights Act when he said to two governors while on Air Force One, "I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

After showing you examples of racism by several leading Dems including two Dem presidents, a Dem VP,  a Dem leader of the Senate, a Dem ex-Senator / ex-presidential candidate / current Dem Secretary of State do you still want to try to pass off that silly notion that all Repubs are all racist while Dems are not?   This is what is SO wrong with you two party followers.  You guys always think your party is pure and great while the other party has all the bad guys and is always the problem.   Some of you guys need a heavy does of reality.

Senior Contributor

The elections of Marion Berry to office in Washington DC after he spent time in jail and the reelection of William Jefferson in his first run after being indicted on accepting bribes are examples of what I'm saying.  Not being racist though I know it sounds that way.  The great ones links don't make sense to me either.  One explanation of the guy winning the race in South Carolina given in his link was that his name was the first one on the ballot.  Is that the way Democrats elect people when they don't know much about them?  If so, that's worse than voting race.

Senior Advisor

Why not quote Earl Butz or is this exclusive about dems?

Advisor

Thjis isn't being racist either, but it is begin anti-GOP...I'm bigoted that way, regarding the post 1994 GOP...,,open to getting the real GOP back some day, but I'm getting along in years.

What I started to say was, I've got a dollar to a donut that some good investigative journalist or possibly  some resourceful cop is going to trace Mr. Greene back to some GOP "green". It took 10 grand to file..he's indigent and under suspicion of felony. And he told some gobbledy-**bleep** story that misrepresented his service record, even though he had an honorable one.

Who knows, maybe those kids who posed as telephone repairmen in La. cooked Mr. Greeene's candidacy up.

Senior Contributor

I read that Mr. Greene may have been put up by some GOP people.  It really doesn't matter how he got put up except that again my point was proven.  Apparently GOP people know that a black will win Democratic primaries most times in states that have a high population of black voters regardless of who the black is.  What matters is that he won that election because he is black and has absolutely no chance whatsoever to win the statewide open election.  The next thing you will hear concerning this election is cries of racism when the Democratic party, state and national, don't give this man any support whatsoever.  The state party has already asked him to pull out of the race.

The GOP kids who tried to bug Mary Landrieu's office should go to jail.

Senior Contributor

Bruce, it does seem awful fishy to believe Greene came up with that much money to get on the ballot and that he decided on his own to spend that kind of money to run yet not do much of any real campaigning.

Don, you are right we could also come up many racist quotes from Repubs.  I was simply responding to GTO's notion that racism is only seen in the Republican party.

Cotman, it matters to me how Greene got in the race and was financed.  I don't take kindly to other people using dirty tricks to influence the outcomes of elections especially when they are from outside the area.     Many of us expressed displeasure with the Obama White House meddling in state elections.  How is this any different if Repubs were behind Greene's run for office as a Dem.  Still an attempt to deceive or trick voters to try and help sway the final outcome of the election.  Should be a $50,000 fine in my opinion.

Senior Contributor

GTO NEVER changes his mind

By now we all know that GTO never changes his mind and by his own admission he has told us what he is.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Prerequisite

But GTO must have a functioning mind as a prerequisite, before he could even consider changing it.

An empty head can not do much in the thinking department.

Somewhere in the old Soviet Union.....some village is missing its Bolshevik.

Senior Contributor

are you going to say your sorry for lieing or not ---most libs dumocrats get it naturally

Senior Advisor

Wonder how many of those ACORN registered voters voted Green.