cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Blago vs Illinois

Blago is just part of the Chicago culture of corruption. No one for a moment thought he would pay any fine or do any time it is just the Chicago way. He is the perfect fit.

Veteran Advisor

LOL, like you would know ANYTHING about Chicago politics.

They wanted him out of office, which they accomplished right after his arrest, the rest of the whole fiasco was just to make it justified. He was an average Governor at best, but far better than Ryan and Hawkinson that he beat originally, and Topinka, the annoying treasurer that can't count.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure how he  was "far better" when (according to trail testimony) he spent quite a bit of time hiding in the bathroom so he didn't have to make decisions.

According to the Springfield paper and Jacksonville radio, Democrat officials wern't happy with the decision.  They are afraid voters will still be p o'ed in November and will show it.

Veteran Advisor

Yea, and I hold the winning Lotto ticket that I have yet to buy, too. It's kind of funny that someone would make that claim, more than likely brought on by immunity from prosecution, but when did we EVER hear of him supposedly hiding in the bathroom outside of during his trial..................never.

To top it off, he would have had to spend that "time in the bathroom" in HIS OWN BATHROOM, because he opted to stay at his own home and work from there mostly.

LOL, I guess that his wife, or maybe his kids ratted him out. If democrats were ticked at the decision, it's because it gave him a breath of air, which the Madigan gang thought they had cut off. Ironically he also appointed Carl Hawkinson to some BS position, which made him the highest republican in the administration, just so Hawkinson could collect a higher retirement. But, I do give Blago credit for trying to get cheaper prescriptions for the elderly.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, he thought he had to live in Chicago instead of Springfield at the governor's mansion so he could be with his 2 young daughter's every night.   (Wonder how much time he spent with them when he was on the "talk show circuit" and filming "The Celebrity Apprentice" ?)

The "hiding in the bathroom" comment may refer to the rare occasion he was actually in Springfield and not in the safety of his own home.

Edit:  just talked to my sister.  She says  that before the trial started, columnist (sp)  Bernard Schoenburg had referred (several times) to Blago hiding in the bathroom,  

Veteran Advisor

He wasn't found not guilty.  He can be retried on the 23 counts that were hung while awaiting sentencing on the 1 he was found guilty of.

Veteran Advisor

I don't see how anyone could listen to the taped phone cons and NOT believe he was offering the job to the highest bidder!  I hope they re-try him and then hang him.

Veteran Advisor

The sad part was he was just being a politician, as he wanted to exploit any and every opportunity.

I never heard how or who started the whole investigation. Was it brought on by Madigan's bunch, or some lackey that got passed over for an appointment? That seems to be the question that was never asked, or answered.

Veteran Advisor

He spent time at his house so he could get the "scrimm", or let the state pay for his mortgage and household expenses. He's a politician at the core, and he will, and did, take every opportunity to get the taxpayers to foot the bill for him. Actually, I would like to see the state make the Governor's mansion a museum, and charge a few bucks for admission to offset the costs and expenses. No elected official should get the privilege to live better than the citizens that elected them, or that they represent. Hell, the bill for flowers alone goes into the thousands annually for that mansion, and add in all the other upkeep and maintenance and it's a very expensive building that doesn't need to be, even with the historical significance.

Frequent Contributor

So  Blago lied when he said he needed to be in Chicago every night  to see his daughters before they went to bed?