cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Bolton and Senate Impeachment Trial

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but where do my esteemed conservative friends stand on not only allowing any witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial, but that of Bolton (or any other key people that didn't pop up in the house hearings on articles)?

In my mind, since the President is deemed innocent in the Republican view, how could it hurt to have a key figure such as Bolton testify to Trump's innocence?

If you say Bolton should not testify, I would appreciate hearing your rational as to why a key figure, such as Bolton, should be denied the ability to testify.

I'm kinda wondering, but I suspect you all stand with the growing Mitch view of the fact that no witnesses are needed at all, even if they are sure to "exonerate," such as Bolton surely would.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Bolton and Senate Impeachment Trial

What trial?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

It wouldn`t bother me if Bolton testifies.  My question is why didn`t Schiff take it to court get witnesses and have a COMPLETE trial for the Senate to render judgement on?  The Republicans shouldn`t have to saw the lumber, build the casket and dig their own grave....that was the irrational Representative`s chosen job.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I agree that the house should have gone to court for getting the witnesses that were needed. All of them. That said, if Trump would have been cleared by them, why didn't they testify to begin with? Why the administration opposition to witness that would have cleared the whole matter?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You have to be kidding me........seriously? The senate tries an impeached president.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Trump has yet to be impeached.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

(Trump has yet to be impeached.)

Wondering if the woke folks are still buying into all that "Trump still a clear and present danger, we must impeach him immediately and remove him from office" talk put out by the 116th investigative congress?  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Trump was impeached by the House of Representatives, but technically there is no impeachment until the House of Representatives sends the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.  If that is what you mean, you are right, however you know it is a matter of time. I'll admit you are correct for the time being. If you suspect you will always be right, maybe you should think again r3020.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I can't answer that in the way you expressed it. As r3020 correctly expressed, Trump is technically not impeached until the Articles of Impeachment are sent from the House of Representatives to the Senate. Impeachment does necessarily not remove a president from office. Clinton was impeached. Andrew Johnson was impeached. In both cases, the Senate trial did not find them guilty and they remained in office.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

No reason to discuss a trial until there is need of one.