cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Bon Voyage

I don't give onepiece of fecal matter about how you live, but I do know the last 30 years that wages are not keeping up with inflation while corporations are enjoying great profits and not sharing them even in part with the folks that work for them.

A concerted effort to keep wages and benefits low for the very people that are your customers. The same people you want to pay taxes because you won't.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: The advantages of cruising

You are an older couple with limited strength and stamina and you can board one of these hotels on board and travel to far off places. Andy you can do so with out living in and out of a suitcase and hauling them into motels or hotels because Your clothes are in a temperary closet for the extent of your travels.

Thus you can travel to places that you never dreamed you would and you can take tours at the different stops according to your physical abilities. You meet people from all areas of life, some you like and some you don't. You don't waste a lot of time with some of those.

Its a great thing to share with your kids and grandkids. They get to experience things that are only remotely possible and grandpa and grandma get to share those experiences with them. We get to sail into different cultures at far away places that you aren't apt to enjoy otherwise.

BTW. cruises are not for everybody. Some go on one and not another. Others go trip after trip after trip. Some claim the river cruises are the best. We have not yet had that experience. But connecting with cruisers tells you what is best and what is not. Cruisers tld my wife about cheap dentists in Mexico. Most of them at the table had gone there to get their teeth fixed for thousands less than the locals want.

BY all means stay off the cruise ships if you have an attitude. Most cruisers are there to have a good time. We don't need pessimists or cry babies. Mostly we want to share ourtime with good natured folks and as a rule cruisers know how to have a good time.

Alas i am older than most  of you and what interests you probably won't interest me. I'm not apt to climb MT McKinley or snowmobile through the rockies or hunt a moose or polar bear in alaska. My trips of high physical requirements are long gone. So we do what we can and hopefully we can do more of it.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

No.

I've been to some of those places, Costa Rica and Puerto Vallarta.  Very nice.  In Costa Rica, catch a cab and find a local, open air type restaurant away from the cruise ship tourist area.  Those are fantastic places if you get the right one and very inexpensive for excellent food.  That goes for most of Central America.  I really like it down there. 

Samnospam
Advisor

Yea I broke the speed limit several times today. Laws are what were used to starve peasants in the Ukraine. Laws not based on enlighten principals should not be obeyed. Forcing one person to involuntarily work for another is immoral. Figure it out.
Samnospam
Advisor

you're lying again don

"I don't give onepiece of fecal matter about how you live"

You wish me to be forced to participate in your socialized systems. Force, as in, against my will.   That sure as hell is about how I live my life.

Is that cruise line a corporate owned cruise line?  

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

I don't give onepiece of fecal matter about how you live, but I do know the last 30 years that wages are not keeping up with inflation while corporations are enjoying great profits and not sharing them even in part with the folks that work for them.

A concerted effort to keep wages and benefits low for the very people that are your customers. The same people you want to pay taxes because you won't.

Yes you do, you want me to provide birth control pills for Sandra Fluke.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Have a great trip Don.

Just stopped by here to check what teh report said.

We are enjoying Bermuda and return Sunday.

Have to go fly a kite tomorrow.

Big thing here on Easter Friday.

Bye for now.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Have a good trip, Don! After all the hard work you have done, you and your bride deserve to enjoy what life has to offer. YOU PAYED FOR IT, ENJOY IT!

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Should have went last month. Now it will cost more than a thousand bushel of corn.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

You can bait the Donkey by asking how much the people working on the cruise ships make, and what type of health insurance coverage they have, and how he feels about all of that, but why bother?