cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Brexit!!!

Holy cow.

700 point range in the Dow futures, near lows.

14 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Brexit!!!

What Ben Franklin said to us.

Highly irreversable circumstances being hatched.

Those who think that something has been taken from them will ask for it back and find that it's not there. 

hardnox
Advisor

My sudden inspiration is that Mr. Market, who they've been taught to worship, decides he must punish them.

And thus the Great Turning is political in nature rather than economic (for better or worse we figured out how to fix that).

So the firebreather suddenly finds himself desperate for any out.

If that is the case we'll see how patriotism plays.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Brexit!!! Independence Day for Britain!

I suppose that Hillary Çlinton's Wall Street Banker friends will be singing the blues for a while. Smiley Very Happy  This is a populist movement that was sick and tired of the big government and media elitists telling the common folks what to do and how to vote.  70% turned out to vote. 

Much the same sentiment ushered in Maggie Thatcher just before Ronald Reagan won in 1980. 

The Brits are sick of stagnant economics and Big Government of Brussels making England take in radical Islamist hoards. 

We will see this played out here in the U.S. this fall. 

Yeah, the markets will be nuts for a few days, in the long run, Britain will be far better off being their own country. 🇬🇧

hardnox
Advisor

Maggie's boys got crushed, oinky and all. Sort of the end of Reaganism. I'm not sure that this will really go your way, as much as you hate freedom fries.

Veteran Advisor

It is interesting how this played out. I've been watching BBC coverage for some time. It was the "Bernie Sanders" kind of voters in the UK that put the "Leave" side over. It will be the 22% of the Sanders supporters that will reject the Hillary establishment elitists this fall that will give it to Trump. 

The UK prime minister is expected to resign within a day. 

Veteran Advisor

Re: Frexit!!!

France will be next. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

This is what happens when you force immigration down their throats and out their backsides.

RJG640v8
Advisor

Wow,   I know where I'm buying in the near future !!!

bruce MN
Advisor

Interesting  that Dow only down 150 or so from yesterday mornings open and seeming to climb back from this morning's.

And, as you say, for certain more politics than economics, regardless of how propped up on stage.

The r3020 way.

Another 100 as I typed this.