cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Brexit!!!

I see some in this thread look at the result as a positive thing that the Brits have 'stopped those others from immigrating' but I don't think many have thought about the long term results.

Yes long term, this will not be all over in the near future.

2 of the next rumbles will be Scotland leaving the UK and joining the EU.

Northern Ireland leaving the UK and joining the rest of Ireland.

Eventually what is left of Britian will want to rejoin the EU but will have no barganing power so will get back in with no priviledges, take it or leave it.

Much economic turmoil will pass before then.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Scotland should be independent and Northern Ireland should unite with the Irish Republic. 

Already those two countries are being overrun by the 'trash' pushed onto them by Brussels. 

The free 'cheese' offered by the EU is not worth the 'rats' that come with it. 

bruce MN
Advisor

Great Britian was not part of the Euro currency project, but whatever. Mere semantics.  Ha.

You may be right on those defections.  I have read a nearly identical comment at a number of sources.  Of differing politics and ideaologies. Essentially, what comes of this is that The remains of the English empire becomes just that, England?

And not to confuse you, but Northern Ireland and Scotland votes heavily to REMAIN. If they now spin themselves off from what's left of Great Britain (see above: England) they would most certainly seek to join tthe EU.  Probably Euro and all.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Both Northern Ireland (except for County Antrim) and Scotland  are now pretty Leftist, so that wouldn't surprise me. England would be better off cutting the dead wood away. 

While in Belfast, I was invited to a Sínn Féin compound as I impressed them with my Irish Language skills. Their walls had Castro and Ché posters. I even took a picture of a "Snipers Prayer" while there. I saw things that you wouldn't believe. You probably would have felt right at home. 

They and England have nothing in common. 

image.jpeg

northnd
Senior Contributor

Looks like he is holding an AR. Thought they are banned there. No worries though I think the clip is in backwards;) Seriously though, when you foist a large refugee population on countries without sufficient time for assimilation or any process for assimilation this is what you get. Countries and their populations becoming more and more divided and unstable. E Pluribus Unum only came about in the US because our ancestors had sufficient time and impetus to come together and form their own identity.