cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Bristol Palin has a good year

Bristol has done pretty good for herself since her mother became a national public figure thanks to McCain choosing her as his VP in 2008.   Besides being on the TV show "Dancing With The Stars" I see where Bristol made $262,000 in 2009 for her work with The Candie's Foundation on helping raise awareness for teen pregnancy prevention.

Looks like Levi should have married her and then divorced her as he could have gotten alimony payments from her.

10 Replies
tomtoolbag
Senior Contributor

Re: Bristol Palin has a good year

LOL, oh the irony that a young gal that couldn't keep her legs together is now telling others how to do that and why. If you look at her now, it's an odd example to portray with her riches from "spreading the word" about it.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

"LOL, oh the irony that a young gal that couldn't keep her legs together is now telling others how to do that and why. If you look at her now, it's an odd example to portray with her riches from "spreading the word" about it."

I had the same thought originally but then wondered if young people and especially girls would not listen better to one that is young and has made the mistake of getting pregnant and can explain to them just how much it has altered their life styles and forced them to grow up quickly.

tomtoolbag
Senior Contributor

Yeah, but look at the money that she gets to tell other young gals not to do what she did, and that wouldn't have been possible at all UNLESS she did get pregnant in the first place. It's led to a lucrative lifestyle that some MAY mimic. Ya know some young gals have seen her on TV and all the publicity and tied it to her getting prego.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

The best thing that ever happened to that family was momma running AND losing the VP.  She talks about being president but all she's interested in is the money.  She couldn't afford to get elected!  Talk about someone being played!  The tea party sure is getting played by this woman!

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: a little jealous of the palins

sure beats being a loser on the gov slop trough dont it

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Not specifically directed to you Dag, but this is another example of petty jealousy directed toward someone else.

She made a mistake and got knocked up. She had a baby that is no doubt a blessing to her and her family. Probably a blessing for daddy Levi as well.

So now she has made progress in her life and she is reaping the rewards. Are we really annoyed that this young lass took lemons and made lemonade?

I doubt that there is a preacher in america that hasn't sinned. Do want continued punishment for some sinfull deed or do we want them to pick themselves up and build a better life? I applaud Bristow Palin and I hope she does well. I hope the public doesn't make her pay for her own sins and her mothers as well. She is a young adult. Lets give her a break.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You really should be applauding her mom because without her being tabbed by mccain NONE of this would have happened.  In fact, you should applaud mccain!

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: a little jealous of the palins

Dont stay up all night torturing your brain with brilliant replies like.  Leave it to those dumb guys.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

No jealousy or ill feelings on my part Don.  I hope the best for the young woman as I do all people.  I was simply trying to point out how quickly things can change for folks and how often many things in life both good and bad are not planned or come about because our own doing.  Many times luck and timing have a lot more to do with it. 

I do think Bristol can probably connect with young people better then a 55 year old sex ed. teacher.  I'm guessing young people can better related to hearing from a young mother who has had to miss her high school prom, Friday night football games with your friends or can no longer hang out at the mall because she needs to stay home and change diapers and care for her young baby.