cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Bruce

I'm well aware that I won;t convince anyone of anything.

Just fascinated to see how far some will go in defense given the critical exigency of the cause.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

But, according to some speculation out there, Trump didn't actually lose the money....the bank did.  Because of the way the laws were written, it apparently allowed him to take the Banks loses as his own.

Here we are, already with one week gone into October.  And the biggest October surprise, is the poor week that Mr. Trump has had.  Pence has had a good couple of days.  But so far, it doesn't look like it translates over to his boss....

One thing I don't understand, is how media brings some things into the light, and lets other things go....like when the RNC put out that Pence had won the debate two hours before the debate started?  No  one really picked up the story and ran with it.  To me, that story speaks volumes.   It's like when Trump called a news conference a couple of weeks ago, and he spent half an hour parading out people who were supporting him.

But, I think his bubble is bursting.  There are just so many negatives to the guy, and America is finally waking up to the fact that this guy really is a con man.  

I think we will see a huge turnout at the polls.  As for me, I've already cast my ballot....

Jen

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

You think that cattle feeder lives like Trump................. multiple residences, private planes and helicopters, yachts, gold plated amenities, lifestyle of the rich and famous.

That would be the difference in my eyes.  One (Trump) lost his shirt through avarice and greed, one(cattle feeder) lost his shirt due to alot of things outside of his control.

hardnox
Advisor

A bit behind the curve as well.

The article indicates that there was in fact a loophole whereby he could write off losses that were actually the banks' losses.

That doesn't mean that it was illegal but it does mean that it was a gaping loophole which congress and GWB later closed.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: yeah but,

Some folks still think he is/was an astute businessman.  

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

RG, I`m against big business like all that crap, in my perfect world everyone would be a sole proprietor....but with +300 million people here and 7 billion in the world and everyone`s standard of living going up and up, you probably need big projects done by big business.   Like it or not we need the Donald Trumps and the Steve Jobs and Henry Fords, there`s demand for what they do/did and suposedly our living is better through their projects.

If you tell a Donald Trump "No, you can`t deduct a business loss over a number of years!!! You must take it ALL this year!!"...well projects that people apparently want wouldn`t get done or more expensive because the risk of a loss couldn`t be amortized out on to hopefully future profits.  I know Democrats have a hard time with the in and outs of entreperneurship, but the folks that get things done and hire people can`t have a millstone placed around their necks.

Like it or not, Trump hires people in good contruction jobs, they probably live similarly to that of a cattle feeder, so really the American economy is what`s at issue here.   America was built and became great through taking risks working hard and yes sometimes failing but calculating on it only being a temporary set back.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

But Nox, you are turning a blind eye to everything Hillary has pulled...can you say with a straight face that if we are basing these two candidates on their integrity, that Hillary has an advantage over Trump???   If your Indiana would have any chance for Hillary, you`d vote for her (I don`t know why) but for now you can vote your conscience for Jill the Pill. 

So, unless you can show what policies that Trump is wrong and Hillary is right about, this one candidate sucks eggs and the other candidate sucks rotten eggs, of course I or most anyone else will be convinced to change. 

Oh I know the Jens and GTOs for some reason think Hillary is some kind of virgin...but comeooooon, not many of us are that niave.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: yeah but,

$10 billion or $3 billion....I`m not worthy!