cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Buchanan on the VA scandel

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/05/24/Buchanan-Pathetic-Obama-VA-Scandal-Shoots-a-Hole-in...

Again, the guy is spot on.

You should all read the comments, they are pretty insightful.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Buchanan on the VA scandel

Ol' pat really sends a warm tingle down your legs doesn't he?!
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Buchanan is just sore because his uncle didn't get free treatment when he was killed in Germany during the war. He fell out of the guard tower at a consentration camp!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why it matters

and why Shifty cannot foster a proper response to it, other than a tired old joke that fits the Kraft family much better than the Irish Buchanans.

“John, I don't know, but his speaking out so far has been pathetic and this scandal is going to be a terrible one,” Buchanan said. “First off, people understand vets being denied medical care and dying and people cooking the books. Everybody understands it. Second thing is it’s going to metastasize because more and more of these hospitals you can bet are doing the same thing. Third, in this scandal, John – unlike Benghazi, the mainstream media is really on this case and they're going to move it. And fourth, this goes to the heart of American liberalism, which is the idea that big government programs and government agencies are caring. They're the people that do the job best. They're the ones we ought to entrust with the people in this country and their health and all the rest of it. And it shoots a hole in the basic argument of American liberalism and the basic premise of the Obama administration.” 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Really hard to respond to the premise, isn't it?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why have the people you support killed bills that would have provided money for the VA and better care for veterans? They can find all the money needed to send them into conditions that make it necessary for them to need that care later. Why don't you ever talk about that????
Highlighted
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Where on earth are you getting the idea that the shoddy care is a financial, and not a systematic , issue??????????

Have you not been reading anything , and thinking about things whatsoever?????????????????????????????????

THis is why it seems impossible to get through to diehard liberals...the ones that think govt does no evil, and does everything well....

Its like those that think the US Postal service performs well, and is a superior system to FedEX or UPS...hey wait, you worked for the USPS, right? Oppsss....sorry, you do look good in that dress, it doesn't make you look fat...lol.

And , please show me the post where I ever supported a war of choice launched in either Iran or the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

In defense of Obama, the VA was a mess already, when he inherited it.

However, one must also realize that when he was al Illinois Congressman, he was on the committee for Veterans Affairs, saw many of the problems with the VA firsthand, and vowed to make reforming the VA, one of the platforms of his administration.   I belive he used the terminology of bringing the VA into the 21st century, or something along those lines.   One can wonder why one of the things he singled out for improvement, got little to no attention, until it became crisis level, but it seems to follow the way the administration seems to be handling most things.   Don't do much about it, until a crisis hits, claim that little to nothing was known about the problem, say you are angry, demand some sort of action, and consider strong rhetoric to be some sort of help.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Why it matters

I suppose if gangsters rob the bank of america, you will blame the loss on the bank for being too big! No matter how much crime and how much death and destruction come from the medical profession, you will still focus on the fraud in the government system,

Don't you thik that someof those doctors and hospitals try to defraud the private insurers as well.  Just a little hint. Not all medical practitioners are blessed with a halo around their head. Some of them are ordinary people that share the same warts that the rest of us do.

Take 3020 , please!. He almost daily mentions a failure of one sort or another of the public provided health care. Yet in the private health care system the are multiples of the failures in that system. Do a research on the lives lost the infections caused by reckless misbehavior in the hospital system.

I recall being in the hospital with mrsa in and open wound. The surgeon was in my room examining the wound and anurse came in with out changing her robe and following protocol. The surgeon gave her a great lacing down for not doing so. The very next day she was back in my room again with out cleaning up as required. So much disease is transferred that way from patient to patient.