cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Business is viewed as the enemy by the progressives

Once again, so glad to know that you and your compadres here have learned a new word.

You wouldn't know one if you ran over him or her on teh road.

And, I suppose, this is a good thing as everyone knows it leads to lower prices, better wages for middle and lower class wage earners who can therefore become more self-reliant, not to mention pay taxes to fatten the coffers for funding imperialist undertakings and such:

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Hold the Presses 3020

Just heard on PBS that Hobby Lobby and Conestoga only object to 4 out of 20 contraceptive methods in the Affordable Helathcare Act. Specifically, they object to things like the "morning after pill" that are related to contraception after an egg is fertailized. So, just to be clear, they do not object to regular birth control, but do object to anything that affects a fertilized egg.

That should crystalize things for you and also point out that the objection was not near as wide as most the media would improperly report to all of us. Neither company objects to regular birth control that is designed to prevent pregnancy in the first place. They only object to abortion medications or those that could be used as that.

Most news won't tell you this.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Hold the Presses 3020

@KNAPPer wrote:

Just heard on PBS that Hobby Lobby and Conestoga only object to 4 out of 20 contraceptive methods in the Affordable Helathcare Act. Specifically, they object to things like the "morning after pill" that are related to contraception after an egg is fertailized. So, just to be clear, they do not object to regular birth control, but do object to anything that affects a fertilized egg.

That should crystalize things for you and also point out that the objection was not near as wide as most the media would improperly report to all of us. Neither company objects to regular birth control that is designed to prevent pregnancy in the first place. They only object to abortion medications or those that could be used as that.

Most news won't tell you this.

Actually it is 4 out of 27. But that is not good enough for the Obama administration. The ones they object to are the ones that terminate not prevent.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Business is viewed as the enemy by the progressives

@kraft-t wrote:

Yeah! and that is like me flipping a quarter in the mix. I wonder how many taxes they avoided in the same period!

The big donors.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

RankOrganizationTotal '89-'14Dem %Repub %Tilt
1 ActBlue $97,433,753 99% 0%                                
2 American Fedn of State, County & Municipal Employees $60,949,129 81% 1%                
3 National Education Assn $58,587,238 56% 4%
4 AT&T Inc $56,772,482 41% 57%
5 National Assn of Realtors $51,431,322 44% 47%
6 Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers $45,162,930 92% 2%                                
7 Goldman Sachs $44,957,516 53% 44%
8 United Auto Workers $41,665,653 71% 0%                
9 Carpenters & Joiners Union $39,800,371 74% 9%                
10 Service Employees International Union $38,454,790 84% 2%                
11 Laborers Union $37,929,860 84% 7%                
12 American Federation of Teachers $36,718,575 89% 0%                
13 Teamsters Union $36,155,707 88% 5%                
14 Communications Workers of America $36,073,135 87% 0%                

JPMorgan Chase & Co $34,577,982 48% 51%

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I thought it was not good for you rightwing extremists!!  Y'all continually say you don't want to buy my birth control or some such crap!  You move the goal post every time someone comes up with some new facts!  I don't think you know what to complain about other than Obama!  Nighty nite!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

"The ones they object to are the ones that terminate not prevent."...................Is there an............ echo........echo.............echo..........in here......here...........here?            Didn't I just post that?

Not long before, in this very thread, it was any birth control Hobby Lobby and Conestoga were against, now we find out different, thanks to good reporting from PBS. And now you have changed your tune. Don't you still object to the funding of any birth control at all? Or have you changed?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

"The ones they object to are the ones that terminate not prevent."...................Is there an............ echo........echo.............echo..........in here......here...........here?            Didn't I just post that?

Not long before, in this very thread, it was any birth control Hobby Lobby and Conestoga were against, now we find out different, thanks to good reporting from PBS. And now you have changed your tune. Don't you still object to the funding of any birth control at all? Or have you changed?

Yes, I object to force funding for any birth control at all. That is the responsibility of the consumer. Birth control is affordable and readily available. But Hobby Lobby, a private business, says they have no problem with funding birth control, they are not willing to fund chemical abortion, and that is not good enough for this administration. They demand that Hobby Lobby, submit totally and completely to their view or face fines.

From all of the news reports I have read I thought Hobby Lobby objected to being forced to fund any birth control but that turns out to not be the case. The way I look at it Hobby Lobby should be allowed to provide what ever insurance it wishes for their employees, or choose to provide non at all. I as a consumer can then decide if I wish to support Hobby Lobby or walk past their door to the next store.

Samnospam
Advisor

Its hard to remember back then, but wasn't one of the compromises that got some of the reluctant dems on board was a guarantee that abortion funding would not be required?
Samnospam
Advisor

the mistake the Koch's make

Is having firmly held convictions. If they spread a little cash to dems, like most business interests, you'd never hear a word about them.   Buy both sides and own the debate.