cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

CMAs factoring into the election?

I didn't see the performance as The World Series was still going on but do recall when hearing and reading about it thinking to myself "Uh, oh!"

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/how-beyonces-cma-controversy-foreshadowed-trumps-victory-w4...

5 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: CMAs factoring into the election?

While I've been commenting for many years on the increase in police misconduct in general and toward minorities specifically, I still sort of cringed regarrding the timing of the high profile police shootings, BLM etc.

For people who weren't raised to or aren't hard wired, or just try, it is hard to understand the extent to which many white people are frightened of minorities, and blacks in particular.

That's actually one of the primary causes of the economic stress that many people feel- it can be very expensive to move to places with "good schools" lol.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Still, the only possible reason someone could have voted against hillary was ignorance and bigotry?  

Progressive can not accept the fact that people might have valid reasons for not seeing things as they do.   To progressives only the nefarious (deplorables, clingers, etc.) oppose them, and is the reason progressives are authoritarian by nature.

Couldn't be the fact that even democrats didnt want hillary, the criminal.

hardnox
Advisor

Yes, lacking any coherent policies I'd have to say that is true.

The Tribe's version of Hopey Changey, without the echo chamber.

hardnox
Advisor

I'm sure that you're missing the irony of claiming reverse racism on a site that has always been characterized by racism more than any single other factor, even if it is of the white rural sort of "who me racist?" type.

They did reluctantly kick a few of the worst overt practitioners off over the years.

The fact that substantial numbers of The Tribe were swept up in the mood of "it can't get any worse" and decided to turn the keys to the Republic over to some thoroughly awful people was highly influenced by sub-rational influences.

hardnox
Advisor

BTW, it is possible that an individual of the neoconfederate "libertarian" sort who believes that it has all gone down hill since Lincoln might not specifically be a racist. Not likely but not impossible.

But in an election dominated by fake news, foreign propaganda, one candidate who fact checked 25% false and another who fact checked 75% false (a conspiracy!!!), this election was not decided by rational thought, and wouldn't have been regardless of outcome.

When the Fast Brain is in charge it goes where it goes and rationality has nothing to do with it.

It's one of those hopey changey things.