cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: CO2

OK Bart, site the scientific study that shows what part of "climate change"  is contributed by man.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Burning of fossil fuels, dumping waste into waters, cutting trees down in the tropics.  Get real man!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

There was climate change long before any of that was going on. In the 70s we were warned about the coming ice age.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I want to address the cutting down of trees.  What are they replacing the trees with?  We hear all the time about the deforestation of the rain forests in S.A.  What we don't hear is the fact that the rain forests are actually a carbon pit because more carbon is being emitted from the rotting and decaying dead trees than the actual rain forest is using.  I don't have any statistical data to back this up, but I would think clearing trees and replacing them with fast growing crops would actually use up a lot more carbon than the rain forests themselves currently are. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Your one track mind is growing numbing.    Forget it.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

That could be. HOWEVER, in most of that land that is being cleared and a crop put on it, there is only ONE crop able to grow there because the soil is so weak in nutrients so the 2nd year there is nothing but red dirt that washes into the rivers and then into the oceans and no trees to utilize the co2.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Let me ask you one question.  What exactly is your main argument against climate/global warming/change/man created/contributed?  I will give you a couple or 3 options or you can choose one of your own choosing.  1.  You don't believe it and you are embarrassed for the scientists advocating it.  2.  You are against the cost of cleaning up the air, land and water.  3. The money.  Did I mention the money?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Regardless, one has to keep in mind that the land being cleared for crops actually emits more CO2 because of rotting trees, etc. than it actually consumes.  Even with nothing growing the second year, it's a net positive in terms of CO2 which is what this entire thread is about. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

There is no scientific eveidence that proves man is warming the globe yet we are told we must change the way we live because of man made global warming. We have coal to produce energy yet the man made global warmist tell us we must leave it in the ground and use windmills or solar panels because if we continue to burn coal we are going to warm the planet to such an extent the polar ice caps will melt, the oceans will rise 20 feet and there will be 500,000,000 climate refugees. We are told we must send trillions of dollars to turd world countries to help them develope green energy. We are told we must fund a wall street scheme to trade carbon. We are told we can not drill for oil in the US because of man made global warming. Big Algore said the biggest threat to man kind is the internal combustion engine. Did I mention the money?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

That is exactly what I thought.  You only care enough to try to keep from spending some money---maybe.  You really are the most obnoxious person alive with your "man-MADE" crap.  It isn't man made.  Every person knows these things come and go in cycles but some of man's activities increase the severity of those cycles.  As for me, if only 1/10th of what they suspect is true, that is enough for me to want to do something about it if possible.  You can do whatever the hell you want to which I'm sure won't be much of anything productive.