cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

California Rain

I have been hearing all day today, in the national news updates, how the heavy California rains have not / will not made a "dent" on their severe drought.  Why does the global warming / climate change crowd try so hard to push their cause.  The rains likely will not solve their drought conditions but they will sure help.  Even if the rains came too hard to help much with soil moisture depth, I would think it would fill low & dry lakes that provide water to the cities.  It seems that they would prefer California stay in a severe drought so that they can push their cause.  Good thing they are not religious, or they would be praying for continued drought & other disasters to aide their cause.

We could definately use those rains here to fill the ponds & pasture well water tables.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: California Rain

Not sure how much rain they had but would it be enough to rectify their problem?
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Repubs don't think every little bit at a time helps anything.  It something can't cure the problem in one step, they are against it!!  what they are worrying about is that there is no vegatation to hold and slow the runoff and with the heavy rains the damage will be great.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I heard that in many places the rain came in torrents, causing mudslides, but put very little needed water into the rapidly depleting reservoirs.

Also, it seems to be a single large event, with weather forecasts having an immediate return to the long-term dry pettern that they have been having.  At the very least, it greened things up a little, and should at least temporarily ease fire concerns.