cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Can't say they weren't warned

From the Associated Press

Quote: As the U.S. emerges from the COVID-19 crisis, Missouri is becoming a cautionary tale for the rest of the country: It is seeing an alarming rise in cases because of a combination of the fast-spreading delta variant and stubborn resistance among many people to getting vaccinated. Intensive care beds are filling up with surprisingly young, unvaccinated patients, and staff members are getting burned out fighting a battle that was supposed to be in its final throes.

The state now leads the nation with the highest rate of new COVID-19 infections, and the surge is happening largely in a politically conservative farming region in the northern part of the state and in the southwestern corner... 

5 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Can't say they weren't warned

Meanwhile, the Governor and legislature are hard at it in one of the most hideous peckerwood spectacles in the entire nation.

If the people pass a referendum to expand Medicaid and the government refuses, then, yes, better be changing election laws right quick.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

My heart bleeds for those getting sick.   What a shame - being seriously ill, or dying of Covid, when there was a vaccine - because you read some BS from people like our BS crowd here, that refuses to get vaccinated because “Millie said everyone getting the vaccine will be dead soon!”   Yeah - we’ll see how soon.   Seems kinda funny - if we’re going to be dead in 6 months, that the volunteers that took the early shots, are still alive.

Jen

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

If several hundred thousand unnecessary deaths don't trouble them a few tens of thousands more won't.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

@jennys_mn wrote:

My heart bleeds for those getting sick.   What a shame - being seriously ill, or dying of Covid, when there was a vaccine - because you read some BS from people like our BS crowd here, that refuses to get vaccinated because “Millie said everyone getting the vaccine will be dead soon!”   Yeah - we’ll see how soon.   Seems kinda funny - if we’re going to be dead in 6 months, that the volunteers that took the early shots, are still alive.

Jen

Delta, 4th letter in the Greek alphabet. Delta, the phonetic word for the letter “D”. “D” stands for Death. The preponderance of the evidence is pointing to this supposed variant being the new biological weapon that will attach itself to the protein platform in the vaccine. In time, this will be evident. 

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgary/2021/6/11/1_5466403.html

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

they weren't warned

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2021-06/03-COVID-Shimabukuro-508.pdf

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/mom-of-conn-teen-speaks-after-son-suff...

“Me, being his mom, I’m definitely torn. So, I just want people to be aware and be more informed because now they want to give this vaccine to younger and younger children and it’s terrifying. I wouldn’t want any other parent to go through what we’ve been through.”