cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Can't stop a dictator

The arrogance of this administration is unreal.

snip-

White House adviser John Podesta told reporters Monday afternoon  that Congress could not derail the Obama administration’s efforts to  unilaterally enact policies to fight global warming.

Podesta said that the president was committed to using executive  orders to pass regulations under the Clean Air Act to limit carbon dioxide  emissions that they say cause global warming.

Read more:  http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/05/podesta-congress-cant-stop-obama-on-global-warming/#ixzz30vpKnkyl

16 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Can't stop a dictator

Congress could since they control the money, but they won't.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Can't stop a dictator

By definition executive action is not the work of a dictator. Executive actions are powers extended to the president whether they are democrat or republican.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Typical exaggeration

What you should have titled your gripe is "Abuse of executive orders" because Obama is not a dictator. I know you will argue otherwise, but such is your way - exaggerate to justify your opinion. It could however be argued that Obama has overused and even abused executive orders, but that would be too close to the truth for you - lies are always better, aren't they?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Typical exaggeration

That would also be a lie Knapp!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

What you should have titled your gripe is "Abuse of executive orders" because Obama is not a dictator. I know you will argue otherwise, but such is your way - exaggerate to justify your opinion. It could however be argued that Obama has overused and even abused executive orders, but that would be too close to the truth for you - lies are always better, aren't they?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck............ call it what you want but we know what it is.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

3020 - I'd say a duck, but if you care to compare a duck to a homo sapien (human being) and a President (a human societial designation) to a duck, I'd say anyone who thinks the two are the same is a dolt who is incapable of distinguishing between a human and a duck. That would be pretty idiotic. I don't think you are in that league, but I would say you prefer to exaggerate and even lie to support your ideals rather than support them through logical discourse debate. - Seems a character flaw to me and one in which you are certainly capable of overcoming (if you will drop your tendency to exaggerate overly to support your contentions).

I'd stick to the abuse, or over use, of executive orders track if I were you (too bad you can't - you might be able to make a point). That might hold water better than a duck's back does. Lies are always better? Go figure....

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Brt - True that all is legal and other presidents have made questionable exec orders, but I sometimes question whether the ends are justified, whether or not I agree with the means. Specifically, drone use comes to mind and our part in the wars that are not "wars." I would be interested in what you ae really saying and willing to consider your view points.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

3020 - I'd say a duck, but if you care to compare a duck to a homo sapien (human being) and a President (a human societial designation) to a duck, I'd say anyone who thinks the two are the same is a dolt who is incapable of distinguishing between a human and a duck. That would be pretty idiotic. I don't think you are in that league, but I would say you prefer to exaggerate and even lie to support your ideals rather than support them through logical discourse debate. - Seems a character flaw to me and one in which you are certainly capable of overcoming (if you will drop your tendency to exaggerate overly to support your contentions).

I'd stick to the abuse, or over use, of executive orders track if I were you (too bad you can't - you might be able to make a point). That might hold water better than a duck's back does. Lies are always better? Go figure....

Huummmmmmmmmmm lies......If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor Period. If you like your policy you can keep your policy. Period. Pretty sure I know a lie when I hear one. Now the dictator is using the EPA to distract from Obama care. Now he wants to switch to mawn made clobal warming climate change disruption because Obama care is such a lie he can't afford to let it in the news. The dictator not only writes decrees he also writes news copy.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

3020- Still not a dictator. You need to move to a place that has a dictator so you can really understand the difference. Ours follows law. That's your lie, "dictator." Again, you need to center your argument on the application of exec orders and quit exaggerating. I know you can't but I will tolerate your views because we need all views to balance. Too bad you don't want to hear all voices and would silence me in a second if you could while I encourage hearing your views (only far more rationally).

You should try and change the law and the constitution to shut out views and laws that you disagree with. Is that about right?