cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Canada to end covid restrictions 10/1/22

Good job Canada, a little over due.  I might have a wedding in Toronto in the near future , now I`ll make it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/26/world/canada/canada-border-covid-restrictions-removed.html  

Canada announced on Monday that it would remove all remaining coronavirus entry restrictions, including testing and quarantine requirements, effective Oct. 1, ending some of the world’s longest and most stringent rules.

Travelers, regardless of citizenship status, will no longer have to submit public health information, proof of vaccination, coronavirus test results before or after arrival or be subject to random P.C.R. testing, the Public Health Agency of Canada said. The country is also removing its requirement to wear masks while on planes and trains.

“Thanks largely to Canadians who have rolled up their sleeves to get vaccinated, we have reached the point where we can safely lift the sanitary measures at the border,” Jean-Yves Duclos, the minister of health, said in a statement.

7 Replies

Re: Canada to end covid restrictions 10/1/22

OR the conspiratorial view:

As much as anything it might be due to the fact that the Blue Jays are almost certain to make the playoffs and vax status has been a big issue all season long.  

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Could just be that stupid has a shelf life.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Sadly, I think Bruce is right.  It took that to change it while the tourism industry is dying.   Concern there in the outfitter industry is that they've lost the business permanently.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

At Farm progress Show a gal at a booth was trying to peddle fishing trips up in Canada, she had pat answers down that "it won`t be long a the requirements will be lifted"  My buddy went fishing this summer and just stayed on the Canadian waters, so no shot was needed.   Canada also has to change putting their ássholes on the border who tear apart campers ... just have drug sniffing dogs and don`t be jerks about it, everybody has a "border story".   Canadians get nicer futher in the country 🙂

r3020
Senior Advisor

Does this mean the truckers get their lives and trucks back?

Another one of those danged places where they hold elections.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Another one of those danged places where they hold elections.

and another one of those places that requires id to vote.