cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Canuck...gough

Saw this on Austin City Limits last night.

A song just for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ngMz92vwA

6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Canuck...gough

That is a humorous song but it is of course taking an incorrect supposition.

I like a Christmas tree just like the heathens who used it to worship the sun and the changing seasons, that was before christains (or Lutherans) used it as one of their idols.

And I do not have Sunday off, get more done then because no salesmen come calling.

And try this for an Atheist song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7qaSxuZUg

Senior Contributor

I find that humourous and in good spirit.  I am not as rigid as Bill but not much different.  I notice the tradition of americans continuing to use poor Grammar.  The title "Atheists don't have no songs" should be " Atheists don't have any songs".  The way it is written  means exactly the opposite to what the title is trying to say. Not to put too finer point on it though.  I still enjoyed it. Thanks

Senior Contributor

Bruce - I was just thinking again about that post.  I know you never meant to have a real dig. But the way some god botherers come across on here is that they have some birth right to advertise their beliefs in superstition.  Well,  I am proud to be an atheist.  I have been down the god road and never liked the witchcraft, ratbaggery and thieves that operate within those circles. I don't see myself as  the IQ master like Craig but I am happy I chose to ignore that stupidity.  I taken umbrage to things when some believer says like "you will never be rejoined with Christ, blah blah, blah," and they finish it with "good luck".  That implies that nothing is on my side and luck is what I need to see the light,  The same light which is so bright and so obvious that the prayer mumblers refuse to see it.  None are so blind as those who will not see.

Senior Contributor

Gough; not sure why you would say I am 'rigid' I just look at what religions say and can find no evidence of any 'supreme being'.

I guess what annoys me with these 'godbotherers', as you call them, is their assumption that just because some old book that men put together a long time ago, says something that it is true and then they try to force it on others.

Why would I as an atheist need anyone praying to their non existent 'god' for me. They are just trying to force their belief on to me. 

Same as the forcing of prayers into public areas where others that do not believe in any gods are present, forcing their belief on to others. Pray quietly if they must but why publicly therefor forced on to those of us who understand the truth of how the universe works.

BTW a good point about that song title, I did not pick that double negative up.

The title is of course correct, google atheist songs and there is a long list that comes up. I never even thought about such a thing before bruce's post so I do not listen to 'atheist songs' like religious people do with their songs. Listening to them over and over as a hypnotizing effect to keep from thinking about the truth of things.

Senior Contributor

They are just trying to force their belief on to me.   Exactly.  Somewhere in their tiny brains there is a little thing that makes them feel they should make us feel guilty.  When they say good luck, etc, that is it in a nutshell.  It is like they will never want for anything now they have Jesus.  When in fact, a brain would substitute for all of that.

Rigid  - What I meant was your discretion.  You have the ability to tell someone to go to f--king hell and he would more that likely look forward to the trip.  I wish I could do that.

I heard from a neighbour who is current on a farm in Canada that the are seeding canola by plane because it is too wet.  Do you know anything about that.

Senior Contributor

Canola is mostly a prairie crop. Manitoba and Saskatchewan maybe some in Alberta.

None grown near me but it is wet there as well as in Ontario.

Trying to finish corn in Ontario, almost a month later than we would like.

Just dry enough to start again today.

BTW 2 day drive to Manitoba for me.