cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Canuck said I was wrong

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

Meat eaters are responsible for more man made global warming than all of the automobiles in the entire world.

You are sure of that?

Only meat eaters?

What about milk drinkers, egg eaters, horse riders, circus goers?

You are 'interpreting' number to suit your belief again 

Yeah. All of this man made global warming thumper science is just soo confusing. One day it is the internal combustion engine. The next day cow farts.

Veteran Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Never been to the Bahamas Millie.

Is it a nice place to go?

And we use renewable fuels to heat our house as well as our water.

Well, wherever it is that you fly off to, in the Caribbean, each winter, and then brag about it on here. Then of course, you start in with the man-made global warming thumper sermon, without realizing how much of a hypocrit you become. 

I'll bet I use a lot less natural resources than you do, in my personal life. 

Veteran Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@wehav wrote:

Say, if we're releasing the carbon that has been sequestered doesn't that mean it was previously free in the atmosphere?  So things are just returning to what could be normal for another time?

In a way you are correct but then you have to realize that humans did not live in that other time and climate so it seems like a bad choice to change back to that time and remove humans from the earth again since that was the normal then.

If all humans were to die, it would end "man-made global warming", would it not?  That would give most "global warming thumpers" a "woodie", yes?

Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

Yeah. All of this man made global warming thumper science is just soo confusing. One day it is the internal combustion engine. The next day cow farts.

I thought you said it was both so why are you so confused?

Senior Contributor

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^) wrote:

Well, wherever it is that you fly off to, in the Caribbean, each winter, and then brag about it on here. Then of course, you start in with the man-made global warming thumper sermon, without realizing how much of a hypocrit you become. 

I'll bet I use a lot less natural resources than you do, in my personal life. 

The nearest I made it to the Caribean is a short visit to Florida one time, never felt the need to go back.

Did I preach a sermon?

I may have pointed out facts but is that 'preaching'?

Senior Contributor

If all humans were to die, it would end "man-made global warming", would it not?  That would give most "global warming thumpers" a "woodie", yes?

And if you want to go back to that time there were no humans so that would need to so to repeat it.

If temperatures continue to rise there will be more places on earth where humans will not be able to live which will mean even more refugees seeking higher ground and cooler areas to live.

Have you got room for some new Neighbours?

Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

And if you want to go back to that time there were no humans so that would need to so to repeat it.

If temperatures continue to rise there will be more places on earth where humans will not be able to live which will mean even more refugees seeking higher ground and cooler areas to live.

Have you got room for some new Neighbours?

snip-

A German professor has confirmed what skeptics from Britain to the US have long suspected: that NASA’s Goddard Institute of Space Studies has largely invented “global warming” by tampering with the raw temperature data records.

Professor Dr. Friedrich Karl Ewert is a retired geologist and data computation expert. He has painstakingly examined and tabulated all NASA GISS’s temperature data series, taken from 1153 stations and going back to 1881. His conclusion: that if you look at the raw data, as opposed to NASA’s revisions, you’ll find that since 1940 the planet has been cooling, not warming.

According to Günter Ederer, the German journalist who has reported on Ewert’s findings:

From the publicly available data, Ewert made an unbelievable discovery: Between the years 2010 and 2012 the data measured since 1881 were altered so that they showed a significant warming, especially after 1950. […] A comparison of the data from 2010 with the data of 2012 shows that NASA-GISS had altered its own datasets so that especially after WWII a clear warming appears – although it never existed.

Apart from Australia, the planet has in fact been on a cooling trend:

Using the NASA data from 2010 the surface temperature globally from 1940 until today has fallen by 1.110°C, and since 2000 it has fallen 0.4223°C […]. The cooling has hit every continent except for Australia, which warmed by 0.6339°C since 2000. The figures for Europe: From 1940 to 2010, using the data from 2010, there was a cooling of 0.5465°C and a cooling of 0.3739°C since 2000.

But the activist scientists at NASA GISS – initially led by James Hansen (pictured above), later by Gavin Schmidt – wanted the records they are in charge of maintaining to show warming not cooling, so they began systematically adjusting the data for various spurious reasons using ten different methods.

The most commonly used ones were:

• Reducing the annual mean in the early phase.
• Reducing the high values in the first warming phase.
• Increasing individual values during the second warming phase.
• Suppression of the second cooling phase starting in 1995.
• Shortening the early decades of the datasets.
• With the long-term datasets, even the first century was shortened.

Ewert’s findings echo that of US meteorologists Joseph D’Aleo and Anthony Watts who examined 6,000 NASA weather stations and found a host of irregularities both with the way they were sited and how the raw data had been adjusted to reflect such influences as the Urban Heat Island effect.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/24/german-professor-nasa-fiddled-climate-data-unbeli...

Senior Contributor

That is one.

Are any of the other hundreds/thousands  of professors in agreement?

When others back up his hypothesis THEN it will be noted.

Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

That is one.

Are any of the other hundreds/thousands  of professors in agreement?

When others back up his hypothesis THEN it will be noted.

Glad you agree we need more research before we force people out of their homes because they can't afford their energy bill.