cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Cars

Your metaphor is inane. I know you won't drop it however and that's fine......

Why do we have cars? Travel, business, commerce, profit/income, socialization and visiting family, transportation to work, fun, etc.

Why do we have guns? Protection, hunting, hobby, socialization, profit/income, war, murder, control over people and nations, etc.

How is that logic helpful to anyone and can you make the same case about the real subject, guns? Can you actually speak about guns and make a case about them insetad of using some sort of weird metaphor situation?

Senior Contributor

Re: Key to stopping rape crimes

Wouldn't brains be the actual cause? That makes as much sense as what you said. No brain, no rapes. Or better yet, people cause rape, so no people, no rapes.

I think you guys need to stick to the real subject and the real issues: firearms and firearm regulations in lieu of strange metaphors.

Advisor

Senior Contributor

Key Issue

Why does a death have to be accidental to be a concern? What about murders? Isn't that the real issue?

You used rape as an example. Are rapes accidents?

Like I said, stick to the real issue and avoid metaphors as your primary discussion technique.

Senior Contributor

Maybe so but you still need a gun to prove you are a manly man.Ag Forum

Senior Contributor

Re: Cars should be illegal, or something

Society is trying to remedy that situation with cars that are more efficient, alternative fuels electric cars etc. With the gun problem you aren't even trying. In fact your are obstructing even a congressional discussion of the problem.

How many people do you suppose ar3e intentional; murdered with and automobile.

If people  kill people instead of the guns killing people then lets send our soldiers into battle without the guns. Lets see how well that works for us.

Advisor

Re: Key Issue

OK  Issue 1)  Society has crumbled and it seems we have a whole bunch of spoiled rotten nutjobs out there.

Issue 2) WE can't lock the nutjobs up because we as a society are taking away their "rights"

Issue 3}  Lets take guns away from everybody and the problem is........the same because society has crumbled.

Issue 4} That guy out in Oregon joined the armed forces and was kicked out if I have read correctly.  SOMEBODY IN THE GOVERNMENT KNEW HE WAS PROBABLY A NUTJOB.  Those background checks work great don't they?

Senior Contributor

You are absolutely right about one thing Rawhide. Background checks are not very good and there is significant room for improvement. I agree with you 100% on that issue, but I suspect that you would not support making background checks better in many ways. One killer (Jiverly Wong) got his second pistol after the check wasn't returned in three business days.

As far as the Umpqua Oregon shooter, he was in the army but discharged before completing basic training. And "In all, Mr. Harper-Mercer owned 14 firearms, all of which were bought legally through a federally licensed firearms dealer, a federal official said Friday. Some were bought by Mr. Harper-Mercer, and some by members of his family." In all, he owned 14 firearms, all of which were bought legally through a federally licensed dealers.. Some were bought by by his dad.

If you are curious about killers and how they got their guns, what they did and what they used, here's a short list: A lot of faults in our background check system are revealed here, but mostly it was simply the case of letting whackos have guns at all and mostly perfectly legal.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html

Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

You are absolutely right about one thing Rawhide. Background checks are not very good and there is significant room for improvement. I agree with you 100% on that issue, but I suspect that you would not support making background checks better in many ways. One killer (Jiverly Wong) got his second pistol after the check wasn't returned in three business days.

As far as the Umpqua Oregon shooter, he was in the army but discharged before completing basic training. And "In all, Mr. Harper-Mercer owned 14 firearms, all of which were bought legally through a federally licensed firearms dealer, a federal official said Friday. Some were bought by Mr. Harper-Mercer, and some by members of his family." In all, he owned 14 firearms, all of which were bought legally through a federally licensed dealers.. Some were bought by by his dad.

If you are curious about killers and how they got their guns, what they did and what they used, here's a short list: A lot of faults in our background check system are revealed here, but mostly it was simply the case of letting whackos have guns at all and mostly perfectly legal.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html

What are the common sense guns law you want and how would they have prevented the Oregon shooting? What are the common sense gun laws proposed by President Obama?

Veteran Advisor

One that would go a long way in stopping one of the big problems we are seeing almost every day would be required proof of firearm security that doesn't allow kids access to those firearms without adult supervision.  After that, make sure the adults are charged as accessories after the fact if their child gets one of their guns and shoots someone.