cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Key Issue

bart, I agree,   Nothing is going to work until we impose "responsibility" on adults and stop providing excuses and passing blame.

As far as "machines" that humans operate... banning cars..... it is not going to happen.. We are not going to roll society or inovation back that far.....

I don't have an internet article to provide silly ideas, but I would think that currently smart phones are the leading cause of auto accidents and all communication devices should be outlawed.  Or at lease a huge fine, driving privileges, confiscation.... something should be levied when a human is in motion and using one...

Auto's are not even close to being the same threat to humans.  let's check life expectancy in the countries with the least auto's per capita and see if it is higher than the US.  Since we are making goofy comparisons

Veteran Advisor

Re: Key to stopping rape crimes

Well, guns are the number one reason kids are shot by other kids!!!  If there is a way to stop all of that is possible, wouldn't you be in favor of that?

Veteran Advisor

Re: Key Issue

How would you classify all the white supremacy militias/open carry groups that seem to be everywhere and obnoxious??

Veteran Advisor

Re: Cars should be illegal, or something

So your argument that if guns are removed, then the bad guys will just use a knife, bat or maybe an axe argument goes by the way side because the vic could run, jump out of the way, or otherwise evade the killer.  I contend that unless the guy is REALLY ticked, he won't like up close and personal so if he doesn't have a gun, the killing will most likely NOT take place.

Veteran Advisor

So does that make it ok because there are more suicides by gun than murders????  That is a pretty sick idea.  Protect the so called gun right at all cost.

Senior Advisor

electum dlingwiRe: Cars should be illegal, or something

@schnurrbart wrote:

So your argument that if guns are removed, then the bad guys will just use a knife, bat or maybe an axe argument goes by the way side because the vic could run, jump out of the way, or otherwise evade the killer.  I contend that unless the guy is REALLY ticked, he won't like up close and personal so if he doesn't have a gun, the killing will most likely NOT take place.

Most mass murderers commit suicide when a good guy with a gun shows up. If he had no gun he would just strap on a vest of c4 and kill far more people than he can with a gun.

Veteran Advisor

Re: electum dlingwiRe: Cars should be illegal, or something

Yeah, right!  Why not just grab a convient nuke and kill a couple hundred thousand!

Frequent Contributor

You dimwit, if you want to use that comparison send the guns into battle by themselves. Your point just proves guns are a tool not the problem.