cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

Cause for weather. From NOAA and others.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february042011/global-superstorms-ta.php

The Earth's northern magnetic pole was moving towards Russia at a rate of about five miles annually. That progression to the East had been happening for decades.
Suddenly, in the past decade the rate sped up. Now the magnetic pole is shifting East at a rate of 40 miles annually, an increase of 800 percent. And it continues to accelerate.
Recently, as the magnetic field fluctuates, NASA has discovered "cracks" in it. This is worrisome as it significantly affects the ionosphere, troposphere wind patterns, and atmospheric moisture. All three things have an effect on the weather.
Worse, what shields the planet from cancer-causing radiation is the magnetic field. It acts as a shield deflecting harmful ultra-violet, X-rays and other life-threatening radiation from bathing the surface of the Earth. With the field weakening and cracks emerging, the death rate from cancer could skyrocket and mutations of DNA can become rampant.
Another federal agency, NOAA, issued a report caused a flurry of panic when they predicted that mammoth superstorms in the future could wipe out most of California. The NOAA scientists said it's a plausible scenario and would be driven by an "atmospheric river" moving water at the same rate as 50 Mississippi rivers flowing into the Gulf of Mexico.

13 Replies
BA Deere
Senior Contributor

Re: Cause for weather. From NOAA and others.

The pole shift is something I`m glad you brought up Wehav.  There probably is warmer than normal weather in parts of the world..just not here in Iowa. The pole shift does explain the goofy weather. The shift being only a few feet a year would not be a dramatic event like waking up one morning and seeing the "sunrise in the west" but rather baby steps of harsh extremes.   The only problem with this real cause of crappy weather, the liberals can`t exploit it by dragging our standard of living down to that of the 3rd world.

wehav
Senior Contributor

You don't give them enough credit.  We are mining the iron ore from the earth and moving it!  Then all those vehicles with iron and buildings with iron are moving the magnetism!

I'm pretty sure they'll figure out some way to blame capitalism for the shifting poles and a way to put them back will require more taxes and less freedom.

schnurrbart
Frequent Contributor

If what you is true, you won't have to worry about blame. Did you see the movie "2012"? Same scenario.
wehav
Senior Contributor

I don't go to movies.  They are all fiction.  I've heard too many people using a movie to defend their position.  It is especially bad amoung the younger generation who are now getting the movie version of many events.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

If you can't tell the difference between entertainment and reality, that's your problem.  Anyway, 2012 the world started shifting on it's axis with the poles shifting and chaos prevailed.  Of course, it was fiction.  One way to really tell it was fiction was that throughout the destruction of the world with earthquakes, storms, tsunamis, etc, the cell phones all worked!  I'm not saying that it was real, just that after you stated the poles were shifting, I mentioned that I had just seen the movie version of it.  Chill, Dude!

James22
Frequent Contributor

Yes the shift is a concern.  Believe I read somewhere that the field has already once swapped poles in the distant past.  During this shift at some phase  the earth is unprotected.  One theory has Mars loosing it's atmosphere because it lost it's magnetic  field that now only exists in pockets around the planet.  A planet's magnetic field deflects high energy particles which ionize the atmosphere and allows it to escape.  Magma currents generate the field and as Mars cooled apparently the currents dwindled.

wehav
Senior Contributor

Just out of curiosity how do you manage to go off on a tangent to every response or post?  You have knack.

I said," I don't go to movies.  They are all fiction. "  I find movie ficiton to be boring and slow paced having nothing in common with reading a book.

I never said I couldn't tell the difference and actually mentioned that younger people and I should have added some older people seem to get confused between reality and fiction.  However I do not. 

From there you go off and accuse me of not being able to tell the difference when you obliviously have the problem because you don't recognize MSNBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FOX, Limbaugh etc. as entertainment and not reality. 

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I too thought I had read once where the magnetic poles have shifted at times in the past. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

The only "tangent" is the one you are posting.  I don't watch news on msnbc, abc, nbc, fox, limbaugh, but I do watch local cbs and occasionally cnn.  I do read a lot of news that is on the various network news websites.  Headline news from cnn is very seldom "entertainment" and is a majority of news.