cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Censored? even in Canada

Is it just because your dear leader has a sensitive skin and can not take any thing that pokes fun at him?

So now censoring to protect his 'image' has extended into Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/cartoonist-fired-nb-newspapers-trump-cartoon-1.5196179

Cartoonist Michael de Adder has been let go from Irving-owned Brunswick News Inc. just days after his cartoon depicting U.S. President Donald Trump playing golf next to the bodies of two migrants went viral.

The cartoon, released on Wednesday, shows Trump looming over Oscar Alberto Martínez Ramírez and his young daughter, Valeria, who drowned while trying to cross into Brownsville, Texas.

But de Adder disputes BNI's reasoning and said he was told by the company that they would not run cartoons about Trump.

"It got to the point where I didn't submit any Donald Trump cartoons for fear that I might be fired," he said on Twitter, adding that in the past two weeks he drew three viral Trump cartoons.

"And a day later I was let go. And not only let go, the cartoons they already had in the can were not used. Overnight it was like I never worked for the paper. Make your own conclusions."

3 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Censored? even in Canada

I'm sure he can get a job here in the states.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(The cartoon, released on Wednesday, shows Trump looming over Oscar Alberto Martínez Ramírez and his young daughter, Valeria, who drowned while trying to cross into Brownsville, Texas.)

Asking 2 dead bodies, included a little girl, -do you mind if I play through- makes for a cartoon?  I remember when a cartoon had to be humorous. 

Now Canuck and others may think it's funny depicting this young deceased girl in a "cartoon", however I feel for her family that all this little girl is worth to this de adder guy is to make a buck off of her deceased body.

I would not of had to fire this de adder guy because I would have never hired this moron in the first place.

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

The left has no limit as to how low they can go. Sad part is they don't see the problem being a sick pile.