cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Check out the moon tonight

Tonight's full moon will be a "super moon" as it will be bigger and brighter then normal as it will be closer to earth by a half a percent or 31,000 miles closer then normal.  Be interesting to hear from police departments if they have more unusual reports coming in tonight then normal.  I had a sister that worked in a large nursing home while attending college and she claims on full moons there was always a little more odd behavior with the residents.   

7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Check out the moon tonight

Hey Dag, the moon will be the closest it`s been in 18 yrs.  One wonders about the increased magnetism, possibly triggering another earthquake?  I have to watch my words carefully or it will be misconstrued as me saying "run for your lives!! The big one`s coming"  Here`s a link to Jim Berkland who predicted the S.F. quake, 4 days before it happened, I might be a flake but he`s not  Smiley Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQdhOl-9wwg

Senior Advisor

Ba, if you lived along the west coast would you be getting out?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hey 3020, I wouldn`t be getting out, but that doesn`t mean that a prudent person shouldn`t  Smiley Happy  Those living on the left coast should always keep a ear to the news for warnings.  Those on the Mississippi River need to be aware of the New Madrid fault when it rumbled years ago it made the Mississippi run north for awhile.  I`ve heard predictions of a Richter 9 on that fault draining some of the Gulf way up to Iowa, making Cedar Rapids gulf front property.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/events/1811-1812.php

Advisor

Interesting that on this particulat issue you guys put some stock in science.

But then the Kochs probably don't have a dog in the eathquake fight so aren't sending out marching orders on tea bags.

Senior Advisor

Get real Bruce. We farm for a living, everything we do is based on science.

Senior Contributor

Well that sucked.  Cloudy an rainy all night so I never did see the moon.

Senior Advisor

I did. Looked the same, may be a little brighter.