cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Chernobyl Disaster , 30 years on.

In my ongoing quest to learn new languages, I watch countless YouTube vlogs. Right now, I am learning various Slavic languages, and their differences with each other. 

One of the regular vloggers had a first person account of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster 30 years ago. I found it quite interesting of how the Soviets put so many people in danger by covering it up. Watch this interesting video.  

https://youtu.be/E3k4DJrVqJs

28 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Chernobyl Disaster , 30 years on.

There`s similar coverups in this country, not as bad as Chernobyl, but the federal reserve claiming things are fabulous all the while sweat pouring off their upper lip as they keep interest rates at 0%.  Also that Fukashima deal, not everything is being admitted about that, dead fish washing up on the west coast shores and such.

hardnox
Advisor

Worth noting that the failure by a supposedly tehnologically elite nation is ongoing, with considerable coverup.

They're just lucky enough to have most of the fallout dumping into the Pacific.

hardnox
Advisor

From which we might conclude that corporations, far from being the polar opposite of the Soviet Poliburo as they'd calim, is really quite similar.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

It might surprise you but I`ll agree, albeit from a different angle.   Okay, look at how corporations molding our country`s laws if a state legally, lawfully passes a law that is deemed somehow against homosexuals, Apple Computer and others will boycott and punish the ENTIRE state...economically put a ring in nose of the entire state`s population and lead them around like a prize steer at the state fair.  And look at that damned seatbelt law, Liz Dole forced states to implement it or the federal highway funds would be taken away from that state. 

Republican or Democrat, liberal or "conservative", we are going down the SAME damned rathole regardless who`s in charge.  And these so-called capitalist corporations weild their power to promote communist goals.  Every issue, regardless who`s in charge things are moving in that destructive direction.  I see this because I`m predisposed against that direction and I see little difference in the rulers.  Some take us there quickly, some a little slower, but we still move in that same destructive direction.  That is why, liberals shouldn`t be too afraid of a Republican, he wants the same as the left, it`s just he`s a little slower. 

Until Trump...... it looks like he has all the right people ticked off  Smiley Happy

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Big corporations and big Zionist banks, ( the kind the Hildebeest does the bidding of ) like to force people to do things their way , because they are FASCIST.  They and their Leftist minions are in the People Control business with their almighty Centralized Powers.  The very same as in the U.S.S.R.

.                       . Hammer_and_Sickle.gif

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Anti gay, bigotry based  laws and ordinaces have nothing legal about them.  Of course major corporations are going to stick up for their employees, clients and customers.

No one cares about red neck / low info  babies who don't even understand the issue they are prostesting.

No one, and that make me ever so happy Smiley Very Happy

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

You can LOL all you want, but it still makes no sense at all.  Okay, Rosa Parks can`t be told to get in the back of the bus or the bus company gets sued, a diner can`t refuse service to a black dude or the restaurant gets sued, a bakery HAS to bake a cake for a gay wedding or the bakery gets sued.  Alright I agree with 2/3rds of that....BUT! then in what fricken universe can Apple refuse to sell or fix computers in AN ENTIRE STATE??????   And Bruce Springsteen can refuse to play in AN ENTIRE STATE???

Oh I know why they do it, because it`s like in the Army when one guy "messes up" then the whole squad is punished...a peer pressure deal...got it.  But, it`s a glaring DOUBLE STANARD when a corporation can boycott a ENTIRE STATE when a bakery in that state MUST bake a damned cake that they don`t want any part of.  Like I say, double standard...you can LOL yourself straight to hell, but you still can not explain this contradiction.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Well, what did Hobby Lobby and chickle filet do? They defied federal law and a lot of people boycotted them and all you rightwingers flocked to them like flies to poop!  Same difference.  Your folks would do the same, son't kid yourself!!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Well, just get all the rightwingers to boycott Apple!!  Problem solved!  You guys killed a quite lovely and talented group of ladies because you didn't like the comments they made about bush.  I might add, that was like a nursery rhyme compared to what y'all have said about and to obama!!  He has been threatened by your jerks from day one and called everything from a fool to a gorilla and even his wife and daughters for just being while bush's daughters boozed it up and drugged them selves and if anyone even hinted at some wickedness from them, y'all went ballistic so just can it!!!