cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Chernobyl Disaster , 30 years on.

How did Hobby Lobby or Chick Fil A defy federal law?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

If you really have a 140 IQ, you`re not understanding on purpose.   Corporations, that "are people" threaten to boycott and punish AN ENTIRE STATE for a law that was duly passed.  The corporation could buy ads on tv and put up billboards against the state`s law and I couldn`t say anything about that, because that would be trying to win the hearts & minds of the state through the legislative process.

But! for a corporation to say "We don`t like your law and until you change if, we won`t sell our junk in your state, we won`t fix our junk that was bought in your state and we won`t hold conventions in your state...we are going to punish economically EVERY man, woman and child in your state until you repeal that law and come around to OUR way of thinking"  ..as I said for a corporation to get away with that, it`s a Bizarro world.

Oh I know, you can say "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sucks to be you" well the corporations get away with bullying and extortion, one day there will be a issue that you disagree with the corporations on and they`ll punish your state to form your state laws to their liking, then your ox will be gored.

What Apple or American Airlines or Angies List do in economically punishing an ENTIRE STATE is no different than Rosa Parks beaten up by the busdriver and thrown off the bus intirely and then EVERY black person in town beaten up because Rosa Parks got on the bus in the first place.   And here YOU and AgJudge "LOL and Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa " about similar behavior from the corporations...it`s textbook fascism.  You guys LOL and Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa just because on certain issues you happen to agree with the bigge$t $choolyard Bullie$.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Now that is funny....

"if you really do have a 140 IQ"

Was that in reference to the hairlip? 

Funniest thing I heard today....hahahaha.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Now that is funny....

Smiley Very Happy   A few years ago he was bragging to Craig about a high IQ that he has, i think he said it was even higher than that.   You know I once had a professor that had a 'multiple guess" test and he said "If you can get every question wrong and answer them all, I will give you a 100%" ..basically you had to know the stuff to get every question wrong.  Well, that might be the deal with Schurrbart, he gets every issue wrong, it might be that he knows the right answer, it`s just this is all some sort of academic exercise for him   Smiley Happy ?? who knows?   I do have to entertain that possiblity.

I think that high IQ kept Schurrbart out of `Nam and got him that cushy job drinking beer and chasing skirt in Krautland.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; So you are saying it is OK to discriminate except when someone even if it is a corporation says they will discriminate because of the discrimination law and not do business there that is wrong.

You ignore the fact the wrong was the original discrimination.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

That`s just it Canuck, the corporation took it upon THEMSELVES to determine and punish the state and EVERYONE in that state.   The law was duly passed, now if the corporation wants to run commecials against the law and hire lawyers to fight the law in courts to have it overturned..then I couldn`t say anything about it.  But like I say it`s like the army where one guy "messes up" and the ENTIRE squad has to do a 20 mile hike in the pouring rain, all because of that "one person" (which is an ENTIRE state)., it`s group think peer pressure, except it should be illegal as hell, it`s just no one fought it.

These damned corporations, we all support them, buy their damned sh*t, go to wars for them, give them tax breaks, allow them to manufacture overseas and import their damned crap back in with no tariffs...And here that still isn`t enough they have to stick their nose into overturning duly passed laws.  And worse yet their do it through blackmail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

I'm attempting to comprehend your salad of words without resorting to drinking so early in the day.

Anyway, I thought you righties were all about free markets, freedom to choose, freedom to whatever.

Bruce didn't want to subject  his band and fans to, and  perform in a hate state. He has that right and will be rewarded in his decency.

OH...you only want freedoms when it matches your ideology. Got it.

ps: If I do make it too hell, you will hear me LOLing all the way from down there as I will know that heavan filled with pretend  xtians is the REAL hell.

Smiley Very Happy

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Ha, well you yourself have said many many ( a lot  ) times that 1980 was your sweet spot. Back when you thouhgt f*gs were just a few dudes in San Fran, NYC and maybe even Liberace.

Everyone you knew were white and right as rain. The only MExicans you ever heard of were Cheech and Chong.

The white christian male era of power is disenegrating right before your own hate filled eyeballs and you can only attempt to vent your outrage in threads like this one.

Worry not; It gets better.  Smiley Very Happy

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The "rightwing" has never done anything close to blackmailing ENTIRE states to overturn duly passed LAWS...if you`re on the correct side, fight it in the courts, Lord knows you people has stacked the judicial benches the last 30 years...what you don`t even have faith in your own liberal kangroo courts???? Pathetic!

So, you have to be 3 sheets to the wind to cope with the messed up world view that you espouse?...not surprising.   And the only "LOL" joy you get is at the destruction of a decent country with traditional values?   again pathetic, I actually pity you.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; in the army, as I understand the rules of engagement, if the order is criminal the soldier is supposed to refuse to carry it out