cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Chernobyl Disaster , 30 years on.

In bootcamp if a recruit doesn`t have his bed made so the drill sargeant can bounce a quarter off of it for example, the whole group may be punished, even if their beds and footlockers are immaculate.  The idea of they will put peer presure on the guy messing up to straighten him out where the Sargeant couldn`t...the group isn`t going to be too happy with a guy that messes up and they have to hike 20 miles because of him.  Same psychology is implemented in the economic punishment of ENTIRE states

You know, something tells me that you`d understand this better if major corporations blackmailed entire states to repeal their intrusive gun control laws....then you`d understand what I`m talking about perfectly   🙂

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; your desription of the recruits is exactly what is happening to states that make discriminatory laws.

Every citizen of that state has the show or service withdrawn because of the discriminatory law that their legislature passed.

Since every citizen is responsible for electing those people they are all in the same pot.

If they do not like it then they should get rid of the discriminatory legislators and the discrimnatory law.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Does a goat pity the wolf ??

Does a serpent pity the hawk ??

LOL most of the gay rights / LGBTAQ Equality  wins were gained via appelate court judges appointed by Reagan or Bushes.

Why were you ok with your side blackmailing the girl group into shutting up and doing financial harm to them ??

Your kettle blackens.

Traditional values ???  I have a feeling that is code for something.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

it's called discrimination because of sexual orientation.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Judge, these guys especially badear, love to dish it out but can't handle it when it comes back!  They got so bent after the Dixie Chicks said they were ashamed that W lived in Texas, that they destroyed the career of that group, yet they have called President Obama and his family things that are horrible and have threatened, put crosshairs on them, called them gorillas, etc!  They want the old, and I guess the Great America back, where blacks knew their place and the white man ruled!! Bunch of sick sobs!

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Frustrating isn't it ?

I think Mr Deere understands the concept, but misdirects or misapplys them.

There is a psychological term for this.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Certainly RIght.

Its Crystal Clear to the rest of us. But do they think we don't see their hypocrisy ? Are they even aware ??

I think they are, but simply don't care.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Read the 4th amendment and then read Article 6, section 2. Discrimination and federal law applies when states have a law concerning the same area.  Federal law says you cannot pass a low allowing discrimination.  If a corporation doesn't wish to sell in your state, isn't that their free right to do so.  If you don't like it, I suggest you exercise your right to vote out the people who would write such a law that discriminates against some of the company's employees and many of their customers.You would do the same thing if your state did that to one of your family or your employees.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Now that is funny....

You guys should get a job writing jokes for the funny guys in vegas!  milligan was doing all the bragging.  I merely told him he was not the only person with an IQ.  The fact is that I did get an important job that due to the language the defense department assigned me to, I went to where that language posed the biggest threat.  Not all infantry, armor and artillery went to VietNam.  Some had to go to Germany in case the balloon went up in the Cold War with Russia and the Warsaw Pact.  You two smart guys should know that.  We in Germany fought a war also but it was electronically.  In that, we were lucky.  No soldier likes or wants war.  I'm only wrong because you guys think there is no one other than you guys that could possibly be correct.  Bottom line is that there is nothing but opinions at this time and mine is as good as yours!!